• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Online Misogynists

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Let me put it to you this way.

My father is a man and my brother is a man .They are completely DIFFERENT.YES neither are "women" But they also are different. My husband (who also isn't a woman) is different than either my father OR my brother..And they ALL have penises and balls and more testosterone than a female.My husbands father? DIFFERENT ..YES even with one hanging and a couple under that.

So your "point" about "men and women being different" you would need to get more
specific.(besides genitals).

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
A good article about online misogynists can be found here. Contains profane language.

"West is right; it’s time to stop thinking of trolls as idiots who are just seeking attention, and see them for what they are: Misogynists with a political agenda. These are men that absolutely do not want to live in a society where women are treated equally, and they are obsessed with silencing the women online whose writings they rightfully fear are going to help push society in a more feminist direction. They want to harass feminists into silence. If we keep this understanding front and center and discard useless theories about “attention-seeking” or “lulz”, we can begin to have a more productive conversation about what the hell to do about the problem."

Discuss!

It is easier to fling mud when one is assured it won't stain their reputation. I suspect that's the main reason misogynists tend to be pretty vocal online, where they can hide behind computer screens and pseudonyms and have no filters between what they really think and what they write.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
It is easier to fling mud when one is assured it won't stain their reputation. I suspect that's the main reason misogynists tend to be pretty vocal online, where they can hide behind computer screens and pseudonyms and have no filters between what they really think and what they write.

You mean they are cowards?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Largely, yes. I don't doubt that some of them wouldn't think twice about spreading their venom in real life too, but I don't think most misogynist trolls would show their true colors offline in most settings.

I agree. and that's scary..that's why I open my own doors.;)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Largely, yes. I don't doubt that some of them wouldn't think twice about spreading their venom in real life too, but I don't think most misogynist trolls would show their true colors offline in most settings.

I think you're right about that.

Kerr

Yeah, but unfortunately only men have it. Our brains have only a recipe side and a stain removal side.
Yeah, and you dont have a math side. Thats why Henrietta Leavitt is suspected to have been a man in disguise! And why "Pickering's Harem" never existed!

Last edited:

Wherenextcolumbus

Good. And when you're done with that you can try and convince black people that there's no difference between them and whites.

So what is the difference between black people and white people?
(Guessing from how you worded that sentence, you aren't even black. This should be entertaining.)
Go!

Kerr

Good. And when you're done with that you can try and convince black people that there's no difference between them and whites.
Are you talking about the skin color? Or are you saying there is deeper going differences? "Difference" can mean many things and since you havent clarified I am not sure which one you mean :p.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
I view what people say anonymously to generally be a truer description of their views compared to what they say when they have social consequences for saying it. The internet is interesting for allowing some really hateful people to be able to comfortably express their views.

Same thing for alcohol, imo. Observing a person when they are intoxicated and therefore don't have as much of a filter for their thoughts tells me more about their fundamental character, than what they do when they are sober and have those filters working properly.

Then my fundamental character is sleepy!

But I take your point. At least Twitter has demonstrated the size and depth (truly) of the problem.

Alceste

Vagabond
Yeah, and you dont have a math side. Thats why Henrietta Leavitt is suspected to have been a man in disguise! And why "Pickering's Harem" never existed!

Yeah, and Marie Curie was probably just trying to impress her husband.

Kerr

Yeah, and Marie Curie was probably just trying to impress her husband.
By letting a local boy solve all her math problems, mind you. She could never solve anything by herself :rolleyes:.

On a serious note, Henrietta Leavitt is a tragic case. She was considered for nomination for the nobel prize... the only problem was that she had died 4 years earlier :(.