• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oregon Trail

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I mentioned Oregon Trail in the game system thread, and AL mentioned she liked it as well, so..

Tada! You can play Oregon Trail online. :D I have spent many an hour playing this after finding the link, so be warned... it is addictive. As a note to Firefox/Opera users, this only works in IE.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
*tackles Jensa with flying hugs*

I didn't have a computer when this came out, so I was always wanting to camp out at my cousin's place to play this! If I can just eat cereal for the entire day, my childhood dream will be complete!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Jensa said:
I mentioned Oregon Trail in the game system thread, and AL mentioned she liked it as well, so..

Tada! You can play Oregon Trail online. :D I have spent many an hour playing this after finding the link, so be warned... it is addictive. As a note to Firefox/Opera users, this only works in IE.
I started.....I did, honest - but I am too impatient.:eek:

Linus

I found a t-shirt online once that had a picture of a covered wagon, and simply read, "You have died of dysentery"

It reminded me of 4th grade.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Man, that game was awesome when I was little! I eventually got Oregon Trail 3, and that was cool too. :jiggy:

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
The members of my party are:

Charlie
Claire
Locke
Jack
ZombieBoo

I left town in May, as a farmer. (My love for "Harvest Moon" affects different games! Scary, that!) Someone's already died, and two other people have cholera. My food has run out, too. So sad!

Unedited

I went with an Ayn Rand theme.

Howard
Dominique
John
Dagny
Henry

Poor Dominique died, but I still got a score of 1834! Yay! :D

john313

warrior-poet
awesome game. i got 6303 points :) not sure if that is good or not, but i did not die, so that must count for something.
i was a farmer, so i got triple points

jonny

I can't wait to start playing this after work tonight! I thought you had to grow up in Oregon or Washington for this to have been popular - guess I was wrong. :)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
After failing so miserably last night, I think I'll try again tonight as a banker. (I don't care about the points so much as getting to the destination safely.)

Aqualung

Tasty
I name one of the people after my mom. I IMed my brother to tell him I was playing the game. A few minutes (maybe 10) later I IMed with "Mom broke her arm." He was like, "What?! :eek: " He forgot I was playing that game. :biglaugh:

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I like naming them after some of my friends and randomly IMing them and telling them they have dysentery or exhaustion. :biglaugh:

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
"Did you know you had cholera?"

"Oops, I'm sorry, Michael. My poor planning just caused you to starve to death. My bad!"

(Er... I'm finding it a bit scary that all of my characters seem to be coming from "Lost". I'm just hoping the team won't get attacked by a monster.)

jonny

The members of my party are

1. Jon
2. Cherie
3. Sara
4. Jon W
5. Preston

I am a farmer, leaving Independence in May 1848... here I go!