• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Original X-Men Series

Circle_One

So, as I'm sure most people here know, I'm a massive geek of many different things, music, movies and comics, haha.

Anyway, I'm super excited because I just got the ENTIRE series of the original X-Men TV series on DVD. I've been watching them for two days straight (just getting to the Dark Phoenix saga..BEST EPISODES EVER).

Did any of you guys watch these when they were in their normal run, years ago?

Oh, and JS, wow, my love for Gambit has been hardcore re-ignited :D:D:D

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Circle_One said:
So, as I'm sure most people here know, I'm a massive geek of many different things, music, movies and comics, haha.

Anyway, I'm super excited because I just got the ENTIRE series of the original X-Men TV series on DVD. I've been watching them for two days straight (just getting to the Dark Phoenix saga..BEST EPISODES EVER).

Did any of you guys watch these when they were in their normal run, years ago?

Oh, and JS, wow, my love for Gambit has been hardcore re-ignited :D:D:D

man i used to live to watch that series!!
that show kicked major a$$!

hmmm might have to go and pick me up the DVD too!

too bad he won't be in the new movie (which looks sweet anyways!) C1

Circle_One

The series is so wicked! I remember waking up at 7am every Saturday, just to watch it, and then going back to bed, haha. This and the old Dungeons and Dragons :D

I'm SUPER upset that he's not going to be in the new movie. It does look amazing, but without the Ragin' Cajun... *sigh*.. It just makes me sad.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I remember watching it. Actually, I still watch it with my nephew whenever hes over.

I just wish they would hurry up and put Gambit in hopefully the fourth movie.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Circle_One said:
The series is so wicked! I remember waking up at 7am every Saturday, just to watch it, and then going back to bed, haha. This and the old Dungeons and Dragons :D

I'm SUPER upset that he's not going to be in the new movie. It does look amazing, but without the Ragin' Cajun... *sigh*.. It just makes me sad.

whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa old D&D?!?!
i'm mad u took it there:p

i know i was really looking forward to maybe like a little love triange between Iceman-Rouge-Gambit
but looking at a few of the trailers we might see one between Iceman-Rouge-Shadowcat....maybe?:sarcastic

Circle_One

But see, that's what's stupid. Gambit was an integral part of the original comics and the original series. It's friggen ridiculous that there's so many other who-cares characters in there and NO GAMBIT! It's so ridiculous. ESPECIALLY considering the whole Gambit-Rogue love drama situation. Grrrrr!!

Screw Rogue. Gambit's mine anyway...

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Circle_One said:
But see, that's what's stupid. Gambit was an integral part of the original comics and the original series. It's friggen ridiculous that there's so many other who-cares characters in there and NO GAMBIT! It's so ridiculous. ESPECIALLY considering the whole Gambit-Rogue love drama situation. Grrrrr!!

yeah i feel ya on that one C1 i would love to see how they would work his kinetic powers w/ the special effects...
i'm just fired up to see the Phoenix!:drool:

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Circle_One said:
And come on! The old D&D cartoons ROCKED! :D

i'm not saying they didn't...
i just can't believe you brought that back up...i hadn't thought about that cartoon in ages;)

Circle_One

They used to play old D&D reruns on YTV for a while. It was amazing! I was in heaven :drool:

Oooooooooohhh... Phoenix. I'm watching the Phoenix saga RIGHTNOW! :punk:

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Circle_One said:
They used to play old D&D reruns on YTV for a while. It was amazing! I was in heaven :drool:

Oooooooooohhh... Phoenix. I'm watching the Phoenix saga RIGHTNOW! :punk:

lucky you!!!:(

i'm working

A

angellous_evangellous

Circle_One said:

I'm sure that they plan to introduce the many other characters in future movies. I'm sure that they're concerned with character development, which you just can't do with so many. The movie has to be meaningful for all the pathetic losers who know nothing of the story already.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
angellous_evangellous said:
I'm sure that they plan to introduce the many other characters in future movies. I'm sure that they're concerned with character development, which you just can't do with so many. The movie has to be meaningful for all the pathetic losers who know nothing of the story already.

i was under the impression this was going to be the last one...:sorry1:

A

angellous_evangellous

jewscout said:
i was under the impression this was going to be the last one...:sorry1:

If they can make money on a fourth, I don't see why they wouldn't.

SoyLeche

meh...
angellous_evangellous said:
If they can make money on a fourth, I don't see why they wouldn't.
They wouldn't if this one sucks, although from the quality of the previous 2 I'm not anticipating that.

Circle_One

jewscout said:
lucky you!!!:(

i'm working

Hehehe! So am I :D

Actually, I was under the impression that this was the last one too, but I don't see why it would be with so many important characters having not been introduced yet *coughGambitcough*

d.

_______
Circle_One said:
Gambit was an integral part of the original comics and the original series.

um. am i the only one who's too old school for gambit? i hated when they introduced gambit and his ridiculous trenchcoat. and he was not a part of the original dark phoenix saga, so it's good they left him out.

A

angellous_evangellous

Gambit.jpg