• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Palestinian Muslims and minoritys.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Are today's Palestinian Muslims prepared to grant as much tolerance to it's minoritys as Israel does to groups such as Baha'i, Ahmadiyya, Druze and other minoritys?
That is an unusually forward question coming from a Baha'i. Kudos for asking the difficult question. In my view, given the intractable nature of Palestinian political thought over the last several decades, the answer would have to be a strong, "Nyet!"

Limo

What a question in a suitable time ?
Oh, as the answer is big Nyet then they shouldn't take any rights now from İsrail state, they should be banned from going home, they should be bombarded, collapse their homes, prisoned, turn Gaza and west bank to bog prison,,,
Feel comfortable, they don't worth to be free

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Are today's Palestinian Muslims prepared to grant as much tolerance to it's minoritys as Israel does to groups such as Baha'i, Ahmadiyya, Druze and other minoritys?
By all available evidence, not at all. I am not sure they even acknowledge the legitimacy of such a goal.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I did not describe Palestinian Muslims (PM) as a minority, I asked how they (PM) plan to treat other groups in the area that are not part of the majority

Do you think there's a conflict between the Christian Palestinians and the Muslim Christians?

Jedster

In my own experience of living in Israel for many years, the Christians & Muslims do not really have much love for one another. I remember visiting a Muslim friend who lived in Bethlehem,(this was in 1972). He told me then that they(Muslims) intended to get rid of the Christians, but quite honestly, at the time, I thought him to be joking. However looking at the decline in the Christian population of Bethlehem, he may have meant it. If you are interested there are lots of articles written over the years about the subject.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
In my own experience of living in Israel for many years, the Christians & Muslims do not really have much love for one another. I remember visiting a Muslim friend who lived in Bethlehem,(this was in 1972). He told me then that they(Muslims) intended to get rid of the Christians, but quite honestly, at the time, I thought him to be joking. However looking at the decline in the Christian population of Bethlehem, he may have meant it. If you are interested there are lots of articles written over the years about the subject.

The Jews love the Christians.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
It is a very difficult question made more so by the author's decision to paint "Palestinian Muslims" as an homogenous entity. They are not. That said, and assuming that the context is a Palestinian State arising out of a fair two-state solution, ...

Prepared?

No. Being determines consciousness and we are dealing with a society deformed by decades of extreme injustice and informed by such groups as Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood as much as by the demagogy and political opportunism of the PNA. The path towards tolerant governance will be arduous and uncertain and repeatedly mined by the likes of Netanyahu and Naftali Bennett and groups such as Gush Emunim and the Yesha Council.​

Willing?

Yes. Formally, and as a matter of policy and predisposition, I believe that Palestinian Muslims will reciprocate respect.​

But first things first:

End the terrorism, combat the gross antisemitism and anti-Arab bigotry, and eradicate the occupation.​

Limo

Oh, really? How funny !!!!!
Christians and Jews used to live under Islamic government for 1400 years. Muslims didn't think to get ride of any.
Even after crusade wars.
Only after governed by Jews, Muslims decided to get ride of Christians.
Why don't say something reasonable?

Last edited:

Limo

Why is my question unsuitable? Do other groups mentioned deserve freedom or should we only give freedom to Palestinian Muslims?
The Palastinian people is under occupation, all Palastinians are suffering including Palastinians minorities.
İnstead of thinking of their freedom, you ask about how they're going to treat each other.
İt seams you're looking for a justification to keep them under occupation

danieldemol

Premium Member
I meant the Muslim Palestinians and the Christian Palestinians.:)
They may get along, however in my view Christians aren't the only minority worth giving fair treatment to, so I feel it is a fair question to ask all PM, since it is assumed they would have the power in an autonomous Palestine.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
The Palastinian people is under occupation, all Palastinians are suffering including Palastinians minorities.

Irrelevant to the question of asking how, if given the opportunity, Palestinian Muslims would treat religious minorities.

İnstead of thinking of their freedom, you ask about how they're going to treat each other.

It's a valuable question to ask - everyone is so fixated on saying the Palestinians should govern themselves and their recognised territories that until now it seems few have stopped to wonder what that would actually look like in practise.

İt seams you're looking for a justification to keep them under occupation

I get the impression you're seeking a motive that simply isn't there.