• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paper on the Christian Coalition

KateTacular

I'm writing a paper for my Religion in America class (Sociology) about the Christian Coalition and how it mobilizes people to action (mostly political). If anyone happens to know of some good (and unbiased) books and/or articles, I'd love to hear about them. I'm having a hard time finding just a basic history of the organization and it's leaders. A "fact sheet" sort of thing would be great!

huajiro

KateTacular said:
I'm writing a paper for my Religion in America class (Sociology) about the Christian Coalition and how it mobilizes people to action (mostly political). If anyone happens to know of some good (and unbiased) books and/or articles, I'd love to hear about them. I'm having a hard time finding just a basic history of the organization and it's leaders. A "fact sheet" sort of thing would be great!
If you want something unbiased I would recommend something not written by a Christian. You may have to look outside the US, we are controlled by them.

KateTacular

Not all Christians agree with the Christian Coalition. I know quite a few who don't. The problem is when I look it up I find a lot of biased rambling from both sides. It's hard to weed out the "good" information.

huajiro

KateTacular said:
Not all Christians agree with the Christian Coalition. I know quite a few who don't. The problem is when I look it up I find a lot of biased rambling from both sides. It's hard to weed out the "good" information.
You have your work cut out for you.

robtex

Veteran Member
Kate can you narrow down your target to a spefic movement within the coalition? That is such a large topic ...what are the parameters of your paper? What is required length..is it a freshman sociology paper or a undergraduate thesis? I was a sociology major for one year in college before switching to business and what helped me with the tons of papers I ended up writing was instead of looking for an unbaised source was to find opposing bias sources and use ones that were more factual....with the internet today you could probably google specfic arguements both ways. Do you have anymore specific parameters other than their impact in general ?

spend time looking up court cases..if you go to their website
http://www.cc.org/mission.cfm

you should be able to cross reference their victories with their court cases......