• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paradox of Money

questfortruth

Is this the same:

A. If you are infinitely rich and lost the perfect 100 % of your money, how can you remain infinitely rich?

B. If you are infinitely rich and lost all your money, how can you remain infinitely rich?

MikeF

Premium Member
Is this the same:

A. If you are infinitely rich and lost the perfect 100 % of your money, how can you remain infinitely rich?

B. If you are infinitely rich and lost all your money, how can you remain infinitely rich?

What if you only lost some of your money? Would you still be infinitely rich? What is half of an infinite amount?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Is this the same:

There is no evidence of a physical infinity so the op makes no sense.

stvdv

Veteran Member
Is this the same:

Rich people get rich, because others get poor

There is a continuous money flow from poor to rich men

Losing (all) money is just a momentum, those wo are infinitely rich keep amassing

questfortruth

Rich people get rich, because others get poor

There is a continuous money flow from poor to rich men

Losing (all) money is just a momentum, those wo are infinitely rich keep amassing
The USA has the printer. It produces the money.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Is this the same:

If you've lost all your money you were never infinitely rich.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Is this the same:

All of this seems vaguely familiar.

it's deja vu all over again.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, but there is something new. Is 100 % all money or not?

I don't recall exactly what was said in the previous thread on this topic, but I think I may have been wondering about the phrase "infinitely rich." Regardless if someone loses all their money, 100% of it, they can not be "infinitely rich." Unless they owned the entire universe, although I don't see how that's possible.

I suppose if you're speaking of some sort of deity or god who could be said to be the owner of the universe, then perhaps on those terms, "wealth" might be measured in different terms than actual "money" that we primitive mortal humans use. When you refer to that which is "infinite," are you referring to God or something spiritual?