• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Part of being Privileged is not having to think about being Privileged

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
nothing to do with privilege.

Most crimes are caused by blacks, so it's only commonsense the cops stop them more.

Racist much? Black people aren't any more criminal than any other race of people.
Minorities are profiled much more often than white people, yet with white people the rates of illegal activity are about the same or a little higher.

"Stop and Frisk" statistics show this:
Whites were carrying weapons 1.9 percent of the time; the number for blacks was 1.1, Hispanics, 1.3. For "contraband other than weapons," the numbers are 2.3 percent for whites, 1.8 percent for blacks, and 1.7 percent for Hispanics.
202219_5_.jpg

RealClearPolicy - The Statistics of Stop-and-Frisk

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
nothing to do with privilege.

Most crimes are caused by blacks, so it's only commonsense the cops stop them more.

And people think racism is dead in this country, let's see how many of those who argue against the pervasiveness of racism around these parts gloss over this post.

walk round a black area as a white guy/girl and you'll see how fragile your PC dream is.

It's the same with the frisking at airports - most terro's look Arabic so they should be stopped more.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
And people think racism is dead in this country, let's see how many of those who argue against the pervasiveness of racism around these parts gloss over this post.
Not me. I wanna know what right the police have to stop and frisk anyone who has not broken any laws before hand?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
walk round a black area as a white guy/girl and you'll see how fragile your PC dream is.

Done. I have walked my dog most days of the week at a park that is occupied mainly by blacks. I have studied extensively at the Katherine Dunham center where I was one of the only white women around. Not to mention, I've also gone to house parties, movies, weddings, BBQs, etc. with friends hundreds of times where I was perhaps one of two or three white people in the midst of dozens of blacks.

Never been assaulted or raped or threatened or harassed or disrespected or looked at weird or anything really when hanging out with people who are not my race. In fact, I have a lot of fun and enjoy my time with good people, regardless of race.

It's the same with the frisking at airports - most terro's look Arabic so they should be stopped more.

Yeah, I call Poe.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Not me. I wanna know what right the police have to stop and frisk anyone who has not broken any laws before hand?

This is where I'm cynical. I recall a cultural and law enforcement phenomenon called "D.W.B."...or "Driving While Black".

It's the assumption that blacks are more likely to commit crimes. But people are certainly welcome to think that this assumption doesn't exist.

actually, to sound even more racist (which I'm not), but I'd say that the worst offenders in street muggings tend to be mixed race, white/black guys.

no joke, most will agree here if they've lived a little.

Galen.Iksnudnard

Done. I have walked my dog most days of the week at a park that is occupied mainly by blacks. I have studied extensively at the Katherine Dunham center where I was one of the only white women around. Not to mention, I've also gone to house parties, movies, weddings, BBQs, etc. with friends hundreds of times where I was perhaps one of two or three white people in the midst of dozens of blacks.

Never been assaulted or raped or threatened or harassed or disrespected or looked at weird or anything really when hanging out with people who are not my race. In fact, I have a lot of fun and enjoy my time with good people, regardless of race.

Yeah, I call Poe.

I am white and I've lived in predominantly African-American areas too as well as Latino-American areas and never once did I encounter any trouble. On the other hand my parent's house, which is in a lily white neighborhood as broken into a half-dozen times by local high school students, all of whom were white.

Just because a minority of African-Americans do commit crimes does not mean that all African-Americans should be judged by the actions of a few.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The problem here is many black areas are just fine. But there are those which are dangerous. Of course, the same is true with white areas. For safety, stick to wealthy communities....even the cops seem less abusive. Better yet, be wealthy...it has so much to recommend it.

If this were this policy, the Arabic looking terrorists would take notice, & alter their appearance to be out of profile. So profiling must be more sophisticated, & also opaque to the terrorists.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
actually, to sound even more racist (which I'm not), but I'd say that the worst offenders in street muggings tend to be mixed race, white/black guys.
no joke, most will agree here if they've lived a little.
If true, then perhaps it's just due to most black folk being mixed, which is a similar situation to white folk committing most of the crime just cuz there are so darned many of us. But I do perceive an urban problem of disproportionate black on white assault. (Note: My perception is weak, since it's based mainly on the unreliable basis of news stories I read. Spotlight fallacy at work here perhaps?)

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
This is where I'm cynical. I recall a cultural and law enforcement phenomenon called "D.W.B."...or "Driving While Black".

I seem to remember a black dentist who had a fancy car being stopped several hundreds of times with no citations.

A good friend of mine was with me one time and we where a salt and pepper team which is a really good way to be stopped.

The thing is, my friend is a federal prosecutor. The cop was like, woops!
I had the chief of police on speed dial and handed the phone to the officer. I said your boss wants to talk to you.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I seem to remember a black dentist who had a fancy car being stopped several hundreds of times with no citations.

A good friend of mine was with me one time and we where a salt and pepper team which is a really good way to be stopped.

The thing is, my friend is a federal prosecutor. The cop was like, woops!
I had the chief of police on speed dial and handed the phone to the officer. I said your boss wants to talk to you.

I love you!! :hearts:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I guess you could call that privilege. The Chief's wife is in Kiwanis with us and we have had dinner together with the chief a few times. I contribute to a 5K police marathon for children with special needs. As a corporate sponser, I have become familiar with the Captain as well.

Every now and then they hire a rookie who is gung ho. He pulled the mayor over too I am told. :D

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

One of the funnest kids b-day parties I ever went to (maybe the ONLY fun one I went to besides the ones I threw for MY kids or my sisters parties)...I was one of the only non hispanic people there.I felt very welcome and very 'at home'..(cuz they served the adults all the beer you could drink LOL and YES they grilled some awesome beef fajitas!)..They even politely stopped speaking Spanish if I joined in to mingle in a particular circle of women.