• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peace and love

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
My parents were/are hippies so i grew up with his music, he is perhaps my favourite musician of all the greats. He'll never be forgotten by me. And my children have also grown a liking for his music.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
As time marches on I think the genius of Hendrix has become increasingly forgotten. He is the master - and he never learned to read music. Not my number one song, though, close, to it:

:cool:
Jimmy was an absolute genius. Unmatched in talent and feel for music. Extremely innovative also. The dude basically invented the guitar sound we heard in rock for the decades that followed him.

I think his performance of Bob Dylan's All along the watchtower is a great showcase of his brilliance. Took a great song and made it unbelievable.
Dylan was so impressed that after Hendrix's passing, he starting playing Hendrix's version of the song as a tribute.