• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People and the Land

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
This film was made by Tom Hayes (a former teacher at my University) and is about the life of the Palestinian people in their occupied areas. We watched this film in my Arabic culture class... After it was over all the Middle Easterners and Muslims in the class just sat with our heads on our desk- we already knew about all this. None of needed to see it again.

A student in the class, an American whose family is from Palestinian talked about his experiences there. His grandfather, who died last year, died with the key from his house that we was thrown out of, died with that key, died saying he was going to go back to his home one day. When he was in Palestine last summer he wasn't allowed to go through a checkpoint even though he was an American, the Israeli soldier at the checkpoint even told him he would tear up his passport. He was trapped in Palestine for a month trying to get back to America.

After the class my friend held me in his arms as I cried (as the class watched on as the Paki Muslim woman embraced and cried in the arms of a Syrian Christian boy :eek:). The part where the Israeli soldiers held up the ambulance at the checkpoint just broke me.

You can watch the film here.
This is the part of this conflict you will never see on telelvision here, you never hear these horrors talked about.

This is not a debate. Comment on the video all you want and the conflict but I will not tolerate a debate. Debates are not useful in coming to a solution- discussion is.

Doktormartini

小虎
Well I will watch this video when I get home! I have seen videos like this...and it is so sad. It's amazing how the majority of Americans glorify Israel and condemn the Palestinians as terrorists. My heart goes out to all the people of Palestine!

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
My heart goes out to both sides. I just wish both sides were treated with equality and dignity.

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
My heart goes out to both sides as well – but especially to the Palestinians. Everyday Israeli life is heaven on earth compared to what the Palestinians live with minute after minute, hour after hour.

I can't watch the video, sorry. I already know all these things and it just makes me want to go blow myself up in Tel Aviv every time I see more - especially because they're so smug, and so self-righteous, and so open about what they're doing and still no one with the power to change the situation does. It just makes me so angry, and so hurt, and because the world is doing so little to help, and the American-Israeli alliance is so impossible to defeat, it becomes overwhelming.

It's depressing. I sit here having a coffee, enjoying the peace we've gotten, and it makes me sick to my stomach to think about the Palestinians, who suffered longer than we did and still are today. It's so selfish to just not want to be confronted with it but I can't just die, I have a family to support.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
I can't watch the video, sorry. I already know all these things and it just makes me want to go blow myself up in Tel Aviv every time I see more - especially because they're so smug, and so self-righteous, and so open about what they're doing and still no one with the power to change the situation does. It just makes me so angry, and so hurt, and because the world is doing so little to help, and the American-Israeli alliance is so impossible to defeat, it becomes overwhelming.

I can not blame you at all. I also knew all things the video talks about and to see them again in that setting just... it was terrible, half the class was crying. None of us wanted or needed to see that again. I'm glad we did that in class though. There were a few there who weren't Muslim or Arab and they learned from the video and our dicussion afterwards.

After that's thrust in my face again I just can't think civilly for a while. I just wonder what I would do if I was trapped in such a situation.