• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Personal Stuff

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I said I wouldn’t be talking about my personal life here anymore but I think I will maybe once a year or so. My personal beliefs about who I am as you’re all aware. Every now and again I think it will be good as new members join the site. I hardly ever think about who I am other than this website so that’s why I’m going to be cutting back. I like to tuck away who I am and just live my life the way god intended. Who knows, I may just never bring it up here again.

Last edited:

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
I said I wouldn’t be talking about my personal life here anymore but I think I will maybe once a year or so. My personal beliefs about who I am as you’re all aware. Every now and again I think it will be good as new members join the site.

Someone told me something once, it helped me a lot but I don't want to derail your thread so will be happy to delete this if you'd rather.

He said I boxed myself in too much. Gave myself too many resolutions, rules, restrictions. It was a life-altering observation. It's okay to change your mind or adjust or reevaluate. I don't know you at all even though you've been here longer than me so I hope you'll share the things you're comfortable sharing with the community.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Someone told me something once, it helped me a lot but I don't want to derail your thread so will be happy to delete this if you'd rather.

He said I boxed myself in too much. Gave myself too many resolutions, rules, restrictions. It was a life-altering observation. It's okay to change your mind or adjust or reevaluate. I don't know you at all even though you've been here longer than me so I hope you'll share the things you're comfortable sharing with the community.

If you’re interested

Also, Do you think God would make somebody like me and not give me the knowledge to know myself? If I were a regular man, that’s what I would accept and be. I’m not the type to lie to myself. Do you really think I would believe this if it weren’t true?

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Only because you asked - Yes.
I absolutely would not. I would happily accept the other road as well. I would certainly believe it was someone else on earth if not me. Either way the only thing to be gained is knowledge of eternal life.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
I absolutely would not. I would happily accept that road as well.
You didn't ask if you would believe something that you had reason to know was false. You simply asked if you would believe something that was false. My answer to the question as originally asked stands.

Let's move on.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
You didn't ask if you would believe something that you had reason to know was false. You simply asked if you would believe something that was false. My answer to the question as originally asked stands.

Let's move on.
I have reason to know its true so the reason to know if it were false would be known as well.

Jimmy

Veteran Member

Let's move on.
I’ll ask you again. Do you think God would really make somebody like me and not give me the knowledge to know myself?

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I suppose I'm different in this respect. I'm not compelled to talk about my personal views unless asked. If a new member wants to know more than what's in my profile, they're welcome to ask and I'm happy to share.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I suppose I'm different in this respect. I'm not compelled to talk about my personal views unless asked. If a new member wants to know more than what's in my profile, they're welcome to ask and I'm happy to share.
I hear ya. I’ve kept it secret for 15 yrs. I know nobody will believe it, but maybe it will get them thinking. I’m a very rational person and I would never believe something like this if it weren’t the case. Like I said, if it wasn’t me I would definitely believe that there was someone on the Earth with this capability. I would absolutely believe that. I’m Not the type of person to believe that Jesus is gonna come back and raise the dead and all that. I’ve found my answers in reality not stories.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
@Jimmy

I'm afraid I don't believe you

I used to think similar things about myself but as I became more self aware I abandoned those

Reading some of your posts here takes me back to those days

But you do you

Jimmy

Veteran Member
@Jimmy

I used to think similar things about myself but as I became more self aware I abandoned those

But you do you
What did you think about yourself if you don’t mind me asking? And for how long?

Jimmy

Veteran Member
@Jimmy

But you do you
I know nobody here will believe me, but it might get somebody thinking. Frankly, I wouldn’t want them to believe me. Maybe I should’ve stuck with my original story when I introduced it on this website, that I just believed it was some man living on the Earth. Lol oh well to late now.

Last edited:

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
What did you think about yourself if you don’t mind me asking? And for how long?
It's a very long story

But long story short, I believed I was uniquely chosen and would have a public ministry like Jesus Christ and usher in a new epoch

For quite a while I thought reality was a computer simulation and that the superintendent super-intelligence who ran "The Simulation" communicates with me

And something does communicate with me but I now know this is not because I am destined to be the next Jesus Christ

This began in 2004 when I was aged 21

In 2018 I was convinced "The Simulation" had chosen me but being on RF helped me get over that

Jimmy

Veteran Member
It's a very long story

But long story short, I believed I was uniquely chosen and would have a public ministry like Jesus Christ and usher in a new epoch

For quite a while I thought reality was a computer simulation and that the superintendent super-intelligence who ran "The Simulation" communicates with me

And something does communicate with me but I now know this is not because I am destined to be the next Jesus Christ

This began in 2004 when I was aged 21

In 2018 I was convinced "The Simulation" had chosen me but being on RF helped me get over that
Thanks for sharing. I do recall you believing in a computer simulation, but I don’t remember anything about you thinking you were the next Christ.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Thanks for sharing. I do recall you believing in a computer simulation, but I don’t remember anything about you thinking you were the next Christ.
I have a friend who more or less thinks he is some kind of Jesus

Such people are ten a penny and they are all totally convinced

It's common

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I have a friend who more or less thinks he is some kind of Jesus

Such people are ten a penny and they are all totally convinced

It's common
Unfortunately, many people think this way or think they’re divinely different than regular people. Sadly many are mentally ill. The good thing is that most of them, won’t think this way their whole life. There may be some who will believe it their whole life which is especially sad.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Unfortunately, many people think this way or think they’re divinely different than regular people. Sadly many are mentally ill. The good thing is that most of them, won’t think this way their whole life. There may be some who will believe it their whole life which is especially sad.
I don't think it's a matter of being mentally ill

I think there is a specific type of person who is predisposed towards maintaing a Messiah complex and that such people can help make a positive contribution if they don't go mad

Personally I am now over that

I want to help change the world for the better

However I don't expect to have a Messianic ministry that would not be realistic

No matter how sure I may be such people are common, so me being sure would count for nothing as far as other people care

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there

If you’re interested

Also, Do you think God would make somebody like me and not give me the knowledge to know myself? If I were a regular man, that’s what I would accept and be. I’m not the type to lie to myself. Do you really think I would believe this if it weren’t true?

Okay well now I know who you are, haha

But I still don't know much about you because I'm not usually on the threads you're on, so I don't know if you're the type to lie to yourself. I will say that it's quite human to tell ourselves what we want to know about ourselves; for example it's quite possible to deceive ourselves into thinking we're better than we are, or worse than we are - and that's just for starters.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Okay well now I know who you are, haha

But I still don't know much about you because I'm not usually on the threads you're on, so I don't know if you're the type to lie to yourself. I will say that it's quite human to tell ourselves what we want to know about ourselves; for example it's quite possible to deceive ourselves into thinking we're better than we are, or worse than we are - and that's just for starters.
I agree. Who I am doesn’t make me better or worse.