• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Petition for a Kemetic DIR

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Because as many people have said who are Kemetic on RF, Egyptian Mythology DIR isn't that great sounding to one who actually believes Kemetic. Who's with me?

Antibush5

You have my support.
I'd say that there are more kemetics on here then Orthodox Christians and they have their own DIR.

MissAlice

I'll support it only because I don't know enough about it. I've always been interested with much of Egypt's history and ancient mythology.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I'll lend my support, but I have a couple questions:

Would renaming the Egyptian Mythology DIR suffice, or do you want both? (I have no idea what goes into making a DIR, but I imagine a simple rename would be easier on the techies.)

I had another question, but it slipped my mind while I was typing out the first. :coffee:

Rainbow Mage

Storm renaming the Egyptian Mythology DIR would be ok to me, unless some people would still want to discuss our beliefs as myths.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I support it. As I understand it, there's a lot more to religion than discussing its mythology.

Rainbow Mage

Very much so Willamena :) What is myths to many is a living religion to us, and our gods are alive and well, and we're part of a heritage spanning back thousands of years ago, even if we're not Egyptian by descent. We are Egyptians in the place it counts, in our hearts.

Daniel09

Akera-Heru
Well said, Senedjem. We could even say that our religion has a lot of validity behind it, considering how it was one of the very first to sprout about. It wasn't until Alexander killed everyone that practiced it that it died down for a long time.

Rainbow Mage

I agree with you Daniel. It was more that the Greeks took their worship of the Olympians and syncretized it with Kemeticism, but the Hermetic religion that emerged from the combination hardly had anything Egyptian left about it. They even changed the names of our gods to Greek names and placed the Olympians above our gods in Egypt's temples, using our gods as hardly anything more then validation for their own.