• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pets?

Lightkeeper

I live in an apartment and can't have pets, but would love to have any kind of Husky or German Shepard. A wolf would be great also. I've read many books about wolves.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Two cats, one female, serene, named Sammi whom appears to willingly accept her title as Queen of All, and a semi-ballistic male who's a kitten in a ten-pound body. (I think he's had the most changing of names of any cat in history. At first, he was Merry, then he was Pippin, then Kyo, and now he's officially Momoji, though he only answers to "Momo" or "No, stop that!")

I also have a ferret named Frannie, who's about 7 years old now. Her older brother, Ray, passed on a month or so ago, and- although I've accepted that he's in a better place- I still miss him keenly.

I have 3 dogs: Josie -Rhodesian Ridgeback; Roxy- Shepherd-Hound mix; Mojo- a Rat
Terrier.
2 Cats: Ali -17 yrs. and Dervish 10 yrs. both females who despise each other.
14 birds: A dove, a love bird, a parakeet, 2 cockateils, 4 blue-crowned conures
a sun conure, 2 lories, 1 Amazon and an African Grey.

The birds (except for the lories) were given to us because they either had problems or were unwanted. The animal shelters, animal rights organizations and people who have heard about us via word of mouth know we are 'suckers that can't say no :). Both my husband and I cannot turn away an animal in distress....

Of the birds, our real pets ( the ones we personally handle on a daily basis) are the lories, Amazon and blue-crowned conures. Birds are very under-rated pets...they can be great companionship and are pretty smart but you have to develop your relationship with them slowly and be patient and gentle in handling them.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
I own two pitbulls Elizebeth Blue Isis a large very stubborn blue, and Scarlet a wiry brendel who makes the stairs her kingdom, a chow-mix Princess who thinks she is a pitbull :), and a britney Jinx a standoffish and easily scared dog(she shakes for about 3 weeks-3 months after July 4).

My 13 year old english springer spaniel, Snooker, died two weeks ago.

Hope

Princesinha
I've had 2 cats die within almost exactly a year of each other. :( I am hoping to adopt a new kitty soon!

They're not my animals specifically, but they live where I do, and they are a Collie named Lex, and a very lazy white Persian cat named Deion.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
I have a black cat called Robin, a.k.a. "The Hellcat", she's about 3 years old. I think she's part Burmese...half the time she thinks she's a dog - she plays fetch and loves having her tummy rubbed. She swings from being sweet and loving, to destructive and homicidal, several times daily. I'm sure if she could off me, she would - she's electrocuted me once as it is. :rolleyes: But she's great company, which is one of the reasons I got her - I'm one of those people who have conversations with their pet. :eek: She talks back, really! :p

Melody

Lightkeeper said:
Do you have pets? How many and what kind?

Dolly the parrolet
Mr. Twitters the cockatiel
Pita (as in pain in the a**) the green cheeked parakeet
Kismet the kitty
Pork Chop the lop eared bunny
Wannabe (as in I wanna be a dog but mom won't let me have one) the guinea pig
Martin Short the ferret
Hoover, Eureka, Kirby and Dirt Devil the red eared slider turtles
and last but not least....
Lunch the goldfish that survived the turtles

I do not anticipate any more pets as I've told my 12 year old the next one gets eaten.

*Disclaimer: I am not responsible for the names. That onus is laid on the shoulders of my 12 year old who started naming his pets when he was 6.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Melody said:
Dolly the parrolet
Mr. Twitters the cockatiel
Pita (as in pain in the a**) the green cheeked parakeet
Kismet the kitty
Pork Chop the lop eared bunny
Wannabe (as in I wanna be a dog but mom won't let me have one) the guinea pig
Martin Short the ferret
Hoover, Eureka, Kirby and Dirt Devil the red eared slider turtles
and last but not least....
Lunch the goldfish that survived the turtles

I do not anticipate any more pets as I've told my 12 year old the next one gets eaten.

*Disclaimer: I am not responsible for the names. That onus is laid on the shoulders of my 12 year old who started naming his pets when he was 6.

Martin Short is a perfect name for a ferret! (And Kismet a lovely cat name, as well!)