• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

political bioweapons?

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
I don't think that any person's political persuasion is determined by genetics, I think it is all environmental

But what if genetics were a factor in a person's political persuasion?

Consider this:

Ethnic bioweapon - Wikipedia

What would the consequences be if people's politics were determined by genetics and someone invented a weapon that could for instance kill all conservatives or liberals, leaving everyone else unaffected?

Yes, it's a pretty far out thought experiment, but what if????

What would the world look like if there were such a thing as political bioweapons????

Last edited:

Ella S.

I think it wouldn't help.

Even if everyone was on the same page politically, I think we would continue to see petty conflicts arise due to the "tyranny of small differences." In the end, I think the world would still look quite similar to the one we have and that such an attempt at population control would be ineffective.

Of course, I'm not sure to what degree political affiliation is determined by nature vs nurture, or how to develop ethical tests to figure that out.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
Google will track down the conservatives
Drones will do the actual kill

Exactly.

Scan peoples’ social media, their YouTube, their phone calls and text messages, all internet activity. Exploit their cell phones, computers and televisions to obtain additional information. If an individual displays any patterns at all of anti-current-administration, then their location can be tracked down, and they can be removed from existence using whatever is the preferred method.

74x12

I don't think that any person's political persuasion is determined by genetics, I think it is all environmental

Consider this:

What would the consequences be if people's politics were determined by genetics and someone invented a weapon that could for instance kill all conservatives or liberals, leaving everyone else unaffected?

What would the world look like if there were such a thing as political bioweapons????
They already have invented race specific bioweapons. This is one thing Russia was claiming to be concerned about with all the biolabs in Ukraine. And apparently, America was experimenting somehow on people of Russian ethnicity in Ukraine. At least so I hear. Therefore the concerns of Russia were not wholly unfounded.

I'm sure China and Russia are also involved in the creation of such weapons.

Some people have been concerned that covid 19 for example seemed to target certain minority groups. It seemed to effect black people and even Hispanic people more seriously than white people. This may be because of socioeconomic differences but it could also be purposeful. Because more and more people are convinced that covid 19 was actually created in a lab.

QuestioningMind

Consider this:

Depends on what you're liberal or conservative about. If I pushed the 'kill all liberals' button, does that mean that every conservative who has very liberal views on gun rights and believes that there should be no restrictions all die, and the liberals who have a very conservative view on gun rights and think they should be heavily regulated continue to live?

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
They already have invented race specific bioweapons. This is one thing Russia was claiming to be concerned about with all the biolabs in Ukraine. And apparently, America was experimenting somehow on people of Russian ethnicity in Ukraine. At least so I hear. Therefore the concerns of Russia were not wholly unfounded.

I'm sure China and Russia are also involved in the creation of such weapons.

Some people have been concerned that covid 19 for example seemed to target certain minority groups. It seemed to effect black people and even Hispanic people more seriously than white people. This may be because of socioeconomic differences but it could also be purposeful. Because more and more people are convinced that covid 19 was actually created in a lab.
This sounds like an outgrowth of propaganda by Russia. Humans share about 99.9% of our genomes, so substances of very high target specificity would have to be found to attack that small difference that would be associated with various populations. That may not be impossible, but it should be incredibly difficult. There are no ethno-bioweapons that I am aware.

What are you basing your claim of their existence on? Where is the information that demonstrates that these exist?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

Consider this:

There is some evidence that links political behavior to biology and a potential basis for the predisposition of political stance from that.

We don't know the genetic basis for most of the phenotypic variation expressed in human populations, so it is probably too early to worry about any that might be associated with political behavior to result in any viable weapon.

74x12

This sounds like an outgrowth of propaganda by Russia. Humans share about 99.9% of our genomes, so substances of very high target specificity would have to be found to attack that small difference that would be associated with various populations. That may not be impossible, but it should be incredibly difficult. There are no ethno-bioweapons that I am aware.

What are you basing your claim of their existence on? Where is the information that demonstrates that these exist?
Well it's not just the Russians saying it. In circles I've been in ... race specific bioweapons have been known of and discussed for decades. This is why we all paid attention when the Russians made this claim. We realize they aren't just making things up.

If you can think of it ... they've already done it. They only need to engineer a virus (something we know they already do) that is designed to target people with specific genetic markers unique to that race. For example ethnic Russians or whatever. Any group of people on earth can be targeted. Even specific families or individuals if you can obtain a sample of their DNA.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Well it's not just the Russians saying it. In circles I've been in ... race specific bioweapons have been known of and discussed for decades. This is why we all paid attention when the Russians made this claim. We realize they aren't just making things up.

If you can think of it ... they've already done it. They only need to engineer a virus (something we know they already do) that is designed to target people with specific genetic markers unique to that race. For example ethnic Russians or whatever. Any group of people on earth can be targeted. Even specific families or individuals if you can obtain a sample of their DNA.
How do you realize they are not made up? I can think of lots of things, but my ability to imagine is not evidence that those things have been made real.

How can they be targeted? You are claiming details that you should be able to demonstrate from the certainty with which you claim it?

74x12

How do you realize they are not made up? I can think of lots of things, but my ability to imagine is not evidence that those things have been made real.
Evidence exists and indicate it's not only possible but quite feasible as a weapon technology.
What are you asking? Are you asking how scientifically or ethically?
You realize not everyone has good intentions for their fellow humans? You realize no one would have imagined what destruction splitting the atom would create? Yet, it's been done. The atom bombs dropped in ww2 are child's play compared to what they have now.
To create bioweapons designed to target certain "undesirable" segments of the population is not difficult considering the years of research and development that has been going on.
There are treaties against creating bioweapons but it's obvious they are not being adhered to at this point by major powers of the world. Think about this. The best way to end the cold war would be a race specific bioweapon. At least when it comes to Russia. Russia could do the same thing to the USA although it wouldn't be as easy because the USA is a more genetically diverse populace. So they would be more likely to create a bioweapon that only they had the antidote for. Still both sides are no doubt developing such weapons for a long time now. Even if there are treaties they would still develop the weapon "just in case".
How can they be targeted? You are claiming details that you should be able to demonstrate from the certainty with which you claim it?
Do your own research. Information is available. I shouldn't have to explain to you that information like this is not going to be admitted to since it's illegal under international treaties. When it comes to investigating such things you have to look at the evidence and testimonies of whistleblowers not at what governments or corporations claim.

Am I insisting that this is definitely what the USA was doing in biolabs in Ukraine? No, that part is speculation. But I think it's a reasonable suspicion that isn't without merit no matter how much the Biden administration protests to the contrary. The Biden administration isn't necessarily known for it's honesty at this point anyway.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Evidence exists and indicate it's not only possible but quite feasible as a weapon technology.
What are you asking? Are you asking how scientifically or ethically?
You realize not everyone has good intentions for their fellow humans? You realize no one would have imagined what destruction splitting the atom would create? Yet, it's been done. The atom bombs dropped in ww2 are child's play compared to what they have now.
To create bioweapons designed to target certain "undesirable" segments of the population is not difficult considering the years of research and development that has been going on.
There are treaties against creating bioweapons but it's obvious they are not being adhered to at this point by major powers of the world. Think about this. The best way to end the cold war would be a race specific bioweapon. At least when it comes to Russia. Russia could do the same thing to the USA although it wouldn't be as easy because the USA is a more genetically diverse populace. So they would be more likely to create a bioweapon that only they had the antidote for. Still both sides are no doubt developing such weapons for a long time now. Even if there are treaties they would still develop the weapon "just in case".

Do your own research. Information is available. I shouldn't have to explain to you that information like this is not going to be admitted to since it's illegal under international treaties. When it comes to investigating such things you have to look at the evidence and testimonies of whistleblowers not at what governments or corporations claim.

Am I insisting that this is definitely what the USA was doing in biolabs in Ukraine? No, that part is speculation. But I think it's a reasonable suspicion that isn't without merit no matter how much the Biden administration protests to the contrary. The Biden administration isn't necessarily known for it's honesty at this point anyway.
You keep saying evidence exists that this is weaponized and not just theoretical. I'm asking you for that evidence so that I can review it for myself.

I have worked for years in research and development. Simply spending the time is not a guarantee of success. I haven't even seen proof of concept in this case. As near as I can tell this is still in the science fiction stage and hasn't come anywhere close to a rendered system.

You claim to know that years of research and development of these sorts of bioweapons have been carried out. How do you know that?

Why would you consider genocide the best means to win a cold war?

I am pretty sure that Russia has a fairly diverse population too.

Sure, sure. The Biden administration isn't nearly so honest as the administration that fomented insurrection based on the lie of a stolen election. That an administration is in power that someone doesn't like is not evidence that a wild claim is true.

Why should I have to do research for what you are claiming? It is your responsibility to provide that research in support of your claims. That you cannot indicates a lot about the validity of those claims.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
They already have invented race specific bioweapons. This is one thing Russia was claiming to be concerned about with all the biolabs in Ukraine.
I don't know if it was supposed to be race-specific, and don't recall hearing that before. But "biological research facilities", sure, and they admit to those existing (relevant part starts a minute in):