• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Post Things That Irritate You

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
...that are within forum rules, of course.

Some of mine:

-Never being a part of the "popular" crowd.

-When people act so stereotypical, it warrants an eye-roll.

-Men who try to act too gentlemanly. I don't want my car door opened. I don't want flowers.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
this
this freaks me out.

5cacc3ac-4547-11e9-b5dc-9921d5eb8a6d_image_hires_110410.jpg

Erebus

Terrible pop songs played over the radio. You go to buy groceries and end up with the Spice Girls stuck in your head for a solid week.

People who knock on your door to hand you junk mail in person rather than just putting it through the letter box.

English summer. I honestly don't get how anybody can enjoy it. Borderline tropical humidity and the nights are barely cooler than the days.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Some of mine:

-Men who try to act too gentlemanly. I don't want my car door opened. I don't want flowers.

For me, it's people who interrupt when I'm talking. That's why I often prefer text-based communication (such as this forum) over speaking to people, since people all too often interrupt. I'm not a fast or loud talker; I'm a slow and low talker, and because of this, people feel they can just jump in and talk over me. Sometimes I'll just walk away at that point.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Staff member
Premium Member
People who can’t say things nicely or try to be understanding.

Parents who let their kids play video games with the sound on in restaurants, on planes, etc.

Filling in forms, especially when the boxes to write in are very small

Software "updates" that add useless new features and remove useful old features all while using more memory and making your computer slower

Nimos

Some of mine:

A weird one, but the sound of water being poured slowly. Like someone pouring water for coffee, but doing it too slowly. That sound and action irritate me :D

exchemist

Veteran Member

Some of mine:

Muzak. Anywhere. But especially in supermarkets at Christmas time.

Requests to fill in "How did we do?" surveys, invariably sent after some utterly trivial transaction that even a lobotomised monkey could not mess up.

Medical ads on the internet: arthritis, enlarged prostate, cataract treatment...even funeral directors! All designed to remind me at 30 min intervals how old and decrepit I am becoming - or should be, dammit, at my age. (But thank God for the RF ads. Here, for some reason, the algorithm has blown a fuse, so that I continue to be greeted regularly by the lovely Lucia, often in a new outfit....Tiered Embellished Neck Chiffon Dress in Red - Roman Originals UK )

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
Drama. I hate it!

Tardiness. I don't mind if a person is a few minutes late, but anything pushing ten minutes is annoying, and the longer it gets the more annoying it becomes(barring a reasonable excuse, of course).

"The only reward for hard work... is more hard work!" ((chuckle, chuckle, chuckle)) No, it isn't! Learn to say no! (That saying may also annoy me because I don't think I've ever seen anyone use it who wasn't full of themselves.) Which comes to...

People who are full of themselves.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
It grinds my gears when people act like the world owes them something. A sense of entitlement and self importance is an ugly thing, for sure