• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Praise The Lord!

ApostolicPreacher

Praise the Lord!
I am a Minister of the Apostolic Faith. My mission here is to help spread the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ & to help lead souls to Him. I pray that you have the desire to know the Lord as your savior.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Hi again, Preacher. And welcome again! May I suggest that you aquaint yourself with the rules of the forum as found here:

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_new_faq_item

Just as a reminder, proselytizing is not allowed on RF and it is an interfaith forum where Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists -- and yikes! -- even atheists discuss and debate their various points of view. I hope you'll enjoy participating with this great group of people.

IanAlmighty

Lurking Existentialist
ApostolicPreacher said:
Praise the Lord!
I am a Minister of the Apostolic Faith. My mission here is to help spread the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ & to help lead souls to Him. I pray that you have the desire to know the Lord as your savior.
BAM! Hey, you converted me!
Well, I'm off to church.

Oh, and by the way, welcome to Religious Forums dot com.

ApostolicPreacher

I confused! According to the "guidelines" I am allowed to discuss & debate. Why am I being told differantly?

Form Rules:

Section

1)Aside from administrative sections, Religious Forums is set up to provide Education, Discussion, and Debate.

4.) While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. We will allow faith to be debated and discussed by a member only when there is no hostile, rude, or insulting opinion of another's faith.

Perhaps maybe you should review the rules again!

Thanks

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
ApostolicPreacher said:
I confused! According to the "guidelines" I am allowed to discuss & debate. Why am I being told differantly?

Form Rules:

Section

1)Aside from administrative sections, Religious Forums is set up to provide Education, Discussion, and Debate.

4.) While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. We will allow faith to be debated and discussed by a member only when there is no hostile, rude, or insulting opinion of another's faith.

Perhaps maybe you should review the rules again!

Thanks

No problem. Check out rule #19, please.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
we have a section called "discuss individual religions" (DIR) - there are seperate rules which govern that section, and the previous thread you posted in was in that section.

the DIR section is for the members of each religion to discuss their religious beleifs and practices without having to defend their suppositions from outside points of view.

i hope that clarified it a bit for you :)

Edit: the rules that govern the DIR section are as follows:

Discuss Individual Religions Forums Rules and Usage:
8.) Each Individual Religion forum is for that religion's education and fellowship for people who abide by that religion and for discussion within that religion.
9.) We will not tolerate any debate about a religion in its Individual Religion forum, NO OUTSIDE DEBATE OR VIEW POINTS ARE ALLOWED. This rule is strictly enforced. If you wish to debate a certain religion the proper place for that is in the Debates sections.
10.) Asking respectful questions of other religions is acceptable in their Individual Religion forum.
11.) Attacking other religions in these forum is not tolerated. These forums are for education of the Religion or system in the title of the forum and fellowship only, not discounting other religions.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Welcome to RF!

If you have any questions, ask any of the mods, supermods or admins. We're here to help people get nice and settled into the comfy couch for a chat.

Could I interest you in some coffee? :coffee:

athanasius

ApostolicPreacher said:
Praise the Lord!

A minister of the Apostolic faith? Oh, so your Catholic! welcome!

Booko

Deviled Hen
athanasius said:
A minister of the Apostolic faith? Oh, so your Catholic! welcome!

Now, athanasius...don't forget the Orthodox!

And LDS is very keen on the idea of apostolic succession, now that you mention it...

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Booko said:
Now, athanasius...don't forget the Orthodox!

And LDS is very keen on the idea of apostolic succession, now that you mention it...

Dang it! Booko beat me to it...

*kicks ground*

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
ApostolicPreacher said:
Praise the Lord!
*smiles*

Namasté. May fun and frolics prove themselves bountiful to you during your time here!

By the by, I believe that this is the 'Apostolic Faith' in question...

http://www.apostolic-church.org/

(Just call me the Googlator :p)