• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prayer and Meditation

Do you pray and/or meditate?

• I pray

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I meditate

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I pray and meditate

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • I neither pray nor meditate

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

spiritually inclined

Do you reguarly pray and/or meditate?

If so, what type of prayers do you pray? Do you pray like many protestants, directly to God friend-to-friend? Or do you recite a prayer at a certain time?

What type of meditation do you use?

I use prayer as a sort of reminder to myself, also as a way to create a "sacred space". The prayer is not addressed to God or any being in particular, it's just a reminder. I recite the same prayer every morning, and then another prayer at night. Lately I've also been meditating for 15 minutes a day. As I get better at focusing my mind and concentration, I may extend that time. Even when I am not successful in completely quieting my mind, I feel very relaxed and peaceful after the meditation.

Are there any UU meditation groups?

James

Trey of Diamonds

You should have in the list.

I pray and meditate during times of great stress and anxiety.

You know, the old if you get me out of this God, I'll be good forever. ;)

Random

Both are essential spiritual software, good for the soul. Neither need have anything necessarily to do with a deity: in fact, both work better in your own internal world reflected without if there are no projections or ideations on behalf of the practitioner @ all.