• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Presidential Debates

Are you going to watch the debates?

• Yes

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Do you plan on watching them this year? What, if any, impact do you think they will have on how you, and the rest of the country, votes?

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
nah. mostly the candidates make the rules. so its like, they cant speak to each other, and its dumb. i want confrontation! i want an actual debate!... unless if they cahnged it. sigh. bush has never answered questions from the common people. hes soo dumb. i hate him. bahg.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I think I will... if nothing else, I hope to hear another version of 'misunderestimated.' *prays to the English-language gods that this will happen*

I think, though I'm not 100% positive on this, that we learned in political science class that historically, the debates have very little effect on swaying voters.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Except, perhaps for the Nixon-Kennedy debate, where Nixon was sweating like a dog and looked very white and nervous, while Kennedy was tanned and confident. If I recall reading correctly (before my time), this made a big impact on how people viewed these two.

The interesting thing about that particular debate is I remember learning that the majority of people who saw it on TV thought Kennedy won, and the majority of people who listened to it on the radio thought Nixon won.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
As I posted on another forum, I am embarassed on behalf of my country for the quality of all of the candidates our political parties are offering for our highest office.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
i feel the same engyo.

"Except, perhaps for the Nixon-Kennedy debate, where Nixon was sweating like a dog and looked very white and nervous, while Kennedy was tanned and confident. If I recall reading correctly (before my time), this made a big impact on how people viewed these two. "

its all in the tan. did we ever have good looking presidents? some people called bush sexy as a cowboy. i laughed. hes a coward. he cant even ride a horse, let alone a plane (which he first failed his exams and then sugar coated it). this bush, our president, smoked pot in college. yale at that! says a lot.

Anyways, people say that kerry isnt involved witht he public because hes very very rich. well on VH1, it reported that the richer candidate was Bush! and in all of his speeches, Bush has never answered questions of the commom middleclass people. he only shakes hands with em. he only answeres questions of his little social group ppl. bagh. it makes me soo mad. argh.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Engyo said:
As I posted on another forum, I am embarassed on behalf of my country for the quality of all of the candidates our political parties are offering for our highest office.
I second that! You'd think a nation of 300 million could come up with a couple of outstanding presidential candidates. The best people in this country simply don't get involved in politics, and we all suffer because of that.

Engyo said:

I agree but I would go further and say that I am very disappointed in our 2 political parties. both the Republican and Democratic Parties are more interested in getting the "one upmanship" over the other party than they are in serving the American people. Politics have become so partisan and nasty that it doesn't matter if one candidate or the other has a good idea or solution to a problem...it will be opposed by the other party.