• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

proof that neo-pagans are not of the Devil

eccentricjdo

Eclectic Intelectual
"24But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “It is only by Beelzebub,d the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons.”
25Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. 26If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand?</SPAN> 27And if I drive out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges."

We neo-pagans have just as much testimonial, documentary evidence that our cleansings work as Christians have that their exorcisms and blessings work.

Therefore we are not of the Devil!

I challenge them to refute me without resorting to that classic cop-out, the devil-as-deciever arguement from circular reasoning (i.e. "The lack of evidence that you were being helped by the Devil proves that you were being helped by the Devil.")

I'm dying for you all to entertain me with (lack of) good arguements. :sarcastic

:)

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
...I don't think you'll find a whole lot of what you're looking for here.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
...I don't think you'll find a whole lot of what you're looking for here.
I have no idea what he is going on about.
The OP is about as clear as mud.

Hopefully the TS will come back and better explain what they are talking about in the OP.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
He is saying (neo)pagan "cleansing" rituals are as effective as Christian exorcism. Therefore, according to the quote of Jesus, who said that Satan would not drive Satan out, they are not of the devil.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
He is saying (neo)pagan "cleansing" rituals are as effective as Christian exorcism. Therefore, according to the quote of Jesus, who said that Satan would not drive Satan out, they are not of the devil.
I understand that part.
What I do not understand is how it relates to the thread title....

He has not presented anything that would even constitute as evidence, let alone proof..

CircularLogic

whats considered a pagan nowadays? I thought that they were just simply a non Christian based system of uncollected belief.

Besides, its not like exorcism is proven to be effective. This is like saying one magicians tricks are more real than the others, when in reality they are both illusions....

blackout

Violet.
I don't understand all the fuss anyway.

Let us all raise our hands high
and cry out proudly
"I am of the Devil"!

I promise nothing bad will happen.
I promise.
And you just might feel better.

Today I shall cast out Devils
in the name of "The" Devil.
Just for fun.

:p

eccentricjdo

Eclectic Intelectual
my point is this:

The classic Christian arguement ("devil as deciever") against what i practice, qualifies as an unfalsifiable statement.

So, let me get this straight: If you go before a judge in order to prosecute me based on an unfalsifiable theory, he or she would quickly laugh you out of the courthouse, yet, if you attack my religion based on an unfalsifiable conjecture, fallaciously using your conclusion to prove itself, such a standard magically doesn't apply and you're therefore always right?

outhouse

Atheistically
The classic Christian arguement ("devil as deciever") against what i practice

first I believe christianity is a offshoot of the many pagen religions, so your not the devil nor in my opinion do they have the qualifacations to judge what you believe.

enjoy, carry on