• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proselytizing or Criticizing

We Never Know

No Slack
In your opinion is one worse than the other? Are they both wrong?

Proselytizing- trying to convert others to a religion

Criticizing- making fun of others for their religion

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

It depends on the context. In some situations neither are acceptable, in other situations both they are. In some situations they may even be morally obligatory.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Criticism to me is not making fun of the person but pointing out the nonsense and ridiculousness of belief or practices.

We Never Know

No Slack
Criticism to me is not making fun of the person but pointing out the nonsense and ridiculousness of belief or practices.

When someone criticizes someone, they many times make fun of them too. They go hand-in-hand in many cases. Which is why I put make fun of. I thought it was better than saying find fault with, denounce, condemn, attack, etc.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

If I picked between the two of be more offended by proselytizing because I have a deep seeded hate for trying to get me and see people do to others to do something, believe, or change who they are and morals. I wouldn't make fun of people for their religion. Theyre are both wrong. The former hits me more personal than the latter.

Last edited:

Suave

Simulated character

According to Christian Matrixism, other religious beliefs may be valid too, because Matrix glitches might occur when the rules governing the Matrix are disrupted or changed by the sims controller. According to Christian Matrixism, Jesus Christ is God's incarnated character resurrected in virtual reality. I suppose Mohammad riding on a winged-horse soaring across the sky could have just as well have been simulated as was Jesus Christ being God's incarnated character resurrected in virtual reality. Also, according to Christian Matrixism, the steps to eternal life are as follows: 1. Brain-computer interfaces 2. Replacement of brain neurons with synthetic circuitry 3. Built Simulations 4. Permanent Residency within the Matrix. I presume the sims controller(God) does not limit eternal life to just us Christian Matrixists.

Flying Horse CAUGHT ON CCTV CAMERA and Spotted in real life | Episode 39

Believe it or not!

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

To me neither are wrong in the sense that neither bother me. It's more a matter of staying within the guidelines of the forum rules.
If you are out n about in the world, at least in the US, it's not like you are going to get fined or arrested for them. Accept maybe public schools.

Suave

Simulated character

One of our fellow RF comrades told me my religion of Christian Matrixism was wrong, and left this critique simply at that. I welcome constructive criticism of my beliefs, but just claiming Christian Matrixism is wrong without explaining why this simulation hypothesis is incorrect, is that wrongly proselytizing against my beliefs in God being a sims controller, a reality-based virtual reality world programmer of human consciousness?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
If I picked between the two of be more offended by proselytizing because I have a deep seeded hate for trying to get me and see people do to others to do something, believe, or change who they are and morals. I wouldn't make fun of people for their religion. Theyre are both wrong. The former hits me more personal than the latter.
But on some level, aren’t they really the same thing? If I am criticizing, or even mocking, an idea am I not attempting to convince someone, am I not “proselytizing” my viewpoint?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Most of the time, yes.
As long as you make sure that:

- you're "punching up"
- the religion imposes itself on people who don't want it
- your points are valid

... sure. Criticism, mockery, satire, etc. are all fair game.

Suave

Simulated character
Most of the time, yes.

As long as you make sure that:

- you're "punching up"
- the religion imposes itself on people who don't want it
- your points are valid

... sure. Criticism, mockery, satire, etc. are all fair game.

Oh great, a forum mod to whom I can bring up the same concerns I'd just recently brought up with the OP's author.

One of our fellow RF comrades told me my religion of Christian Matrixism was wrong, and left this critique simply at that. I welcome constructive criticism of my beliefs, but just claiming Christian Matrixism is wrong without explaining why this simulation hypothesis is incorrect, is that wrongly proselytizing against my beliefs in God being a sims controller, a reality-based virtual reality world programmer of human consciousness?

Last edited: