• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Public School Bible Classes in Virginia

Pah

Uber all member
linwood said:
Oh Boy!

[/b]
I believe there was a Surpreme Court case that allowed this but I don't know it it was overruled. If I remeber correctly, it dealt with Catholic kids.

linwood

I can see the probable loophole but it doesn`t make it right.

Legal?

Perhaps, but it`s just wrong.

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
STAUNTON, Virginia (AP) -- When Heather and Logan Ward's son entered public kindergarten this fall, they were shocked to discover that pupils were taken from class to a nearby church for weekly Bible lessons.
That is outrageous!I hope the parents are suing. I know I would.

Saw11_2000

Oh no, this I believe should be an elective. They are asserting just Christianity on these kids, and it should be their own personal choice if they want to be involved with this. I posted in another thread that I don't believe they should teach religion in school I meant religious schooling like this, I do believe we shuold teach the fundamentals and beliefs of major religions so there is understanding, but this is rediculous.

Lintu

I don't agree with this at all. Children who choose not to participate are not given the same attention and opportunity as the other kids to have something intellectually stimulating at school. I bet they're ostracized, in some cases. People should be able to put their children in any public school without having to deal with religious education there.