• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Purpose of life in Your religion

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Precisely! I think you're catching on. We can't be sure of anything because of that fact that everything is unstable, ever-changing, and at times rather chaotic.

Don't make the word unstable as a big issue while it isn't,the world as i can see it, is stable and not chaotic.

How you explain the physical constants of nature?
Do you think physical laws are changing everyday ?

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Don't make the word unstable as a big issue while it isn't,the world as i can see it, is stable and not chaotic.

How you explain the physical constants of nature?
Do you think physical laws are changing everyday ?

As far as science has discovered, even those physical constants are not without change. By virtue of the fact that this change is so subtle and happens over the course of some 12 billion years, makes it barely detectable. Like I said though, this world, or this universe for that matter, is not necessarily chaotic, but it does change. According to my worldview, it is this change that causes all things to be "animate".

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
As far as science has discovered, even those physical constants are not without change. By virtue of the fact that this change is so subtle and happens over the course of some 12 billion years, makes it barely detectable. Like I said though, this world, or this universe for that matter, is not necessarily chaotic, but it does change. According to my worldview, it is this change that causes all things to be "animate".

So what keeps it constants for long period of time,coincidences.

seeking4truth

egg - caterpillar - pupa - butterfly - egg - caterpillar etc.
Changes in form but evolution also changes the parts to make them more suitable for the environment they inhabit.
I think that the purpose of our life is to be a physical expression of the attributes and qualities of the one who created us.
As humans we are at the caterpillar stage.
Do you think a caterpillar knows it will become a butterfly? I assume caterpillars see butterflies.
Do they understand what they are and how they are related to butterflies?

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
How not stable ?

i can see the sun rising every morning and set every night
i can see the moon and stars every night
i can see the same seas,the same mountains
the same air that i breathe and the same water that i drink.
I don't know what you mean that the world is unstable.
Do you mean politics and social life ..etc ?

The sun that set this evening is not the same sun it was when it rose in the morning. The stars are ever moving, the planets never visit the same space twice. The waves crashing on your beach are not the same waves that broke yesterday. Every breath of air you inhale is different. And you certainly don't drink the same glass of water again. Everything changes. You are not the same you you were 10 years ago. Nothing is static

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The sun that set this evening is not the same sun it was when it rose in the morning. The stars are ever moving, the planets never visit the same space twice. The waves crashing on your beach are not the same waves that broke yesterday. Every breath of air you inhale is different. And you certainly don't drink the same glass of water again. Everything changes. You are not the same you you were 10 years ago. Nothing is static

And what keep the laws fixed in place.

Do you think the physical laws that governing the universe change with those daily changes,as you mentioned a very important scientific point and which is that today i may drink a Pepsi water but tomorrow i may drink Coca water,changes occur every day?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
And what keep the laws fixed in place.

Do you think the physical laws that governing the universe change with those daily changes,as you mentioned a very important scientific point and which is that today i may drink a Pepsi water but tomorrow i may drink Coca water,changes occur every day?

Well, billions of years from now, there will be a big change on this planet when our Sun dies and takes the solar system with it. Oh, well. Lol.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The idea that life has a purpose is somewhat at odds with my personal Dharma. Too difficult to reconcile with my direct experience, probably.

Instead, I tend to see it as an opportunity for the expression and development of constructive potentials.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Yes, I'm sure you've managed to torture that interpretation out of some vague Qur'anic passage, just like people do with every "sacred scripture".

You can be sure only because you want it to be so "wishful thinking",as i am sure that it say exactly what it says.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
And to your surprise this fact is already mentioned in the scriptures.
"Surat Al-Qiyāmah (The Resurrection) - سورة القيامة
75.8 And the moon darkens,
75.9 And the sun and the moon are joined,
75.10 Man will say on that Day, "Where is the [place of] escape?" "
Surat Al-Qiyamah - The Noble Qur'an - ?????? ??????

Hundreds of millions of years before the sun and the moon are joined, humans and all other living beings would already be dead. So, there would not be any human left to say "Where is the [place of] escape?". Read it here and try to understand: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_of_the_Earth#Solar_evolution

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
"Surat Al-Qiyāmah (The Resurrection) - سورة القيامة
75.8 And the moon darkens,
75.9 And the sun and the moon are joined,
75.10 Man will say on that Day, "Where is the [place of] escape?" "
Surat Al-Qiyamah - The Noble Qur'an - ?????? ??????

Hundreds of millions of years before the sun and the moon are joined, humans and all other living beings would already be dead. So, there would not be any human left to say "Where is the [place of] escape?". Read it here and try to understand: Future of the Earth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I didn't get your point.

Please clarify why and how you find it to be irrational that the earth will become moonless at one point of time and prior to the judgement day.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Earth and moon, both, will be engulfed by the sun about the same time 6 billion years from now when the sun enters the red-dwarf stage and its radius expands to include the space till earth. Humans will not be there till that time. There will be many catastrophic events during this long time. No specie has survived on Earth for such long times. Therefore, my main contention: "there would not be any human left to say "Where is the [place of] escape?" ". The statement is not correct.

"The Sun does not have enough mass to explode as a supernova. Instead it will exit the main sequence in approximately 5.4 billion years and start to turn into a red giant. It is calculated that the Sun will become sufficiently large to engulf the current orbits of the solar system's inner planets, possibly including Earth."
Sun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even if the sun does not engulf Earth and moon (i.e., if sun and moon do not join), the situation will not be any more comfortable:

"Planetary habitability of red dwarf systems is subject to some debate. In spite of their great numbers and long lifespans, there are several factors which may make life difficult on planets around a red dwarf. First, planets in the habitable zone of a red dwarf would be so close to the parent star that they would likely be tidally locked. This would mean that one side would be in perpetual daylight and the other in eternal night. This could create enormous temperature variations from one side of the planet to the other. Such conditions would appear to make it difficult for forms of life similar to those on Earth to evolve."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_dwarf#Habitability

Gods do not tell you all these things, one has to look up to science.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Earth and moon, both, will be engulfed by the sun about the same time 6 billion years from now when the sun enters the red-dwarf stage and its radius expands to include the space till earth. Humans will not be there till that time. There will be many catastrophic events during this long time. No specie has survived on Earth for such long times. Therefore, my main contention: "there would not be any human left to say "Where is the [place of] escape?" ". The statement is not correct.

"The Sun does not have enough mass to explode as a supernova. Instead it will exit the main sequence in approximately 5.4 billion years and start to turn into a red giant. It is calculated that the Sun will become sufficiently large to engulf the current orbits of the solar system's inner planets, possibly including Earth."
Sun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even if the sun does not engulf Earth and moon (i.e., if sun and moon do not join), the situation will not be any more comfortable:

"Planetary habitability of red dwarf systems is subject to some debate. In spite of their great numbers and long lifespans, there are several factors which may make life difficult on planets around a red dwarf. First, planets in the habitable zone of a red dwarf would be so close to the parent star that they would likely be tidally locked. This would mean that one side would be in perpetual daylight and the other in eternal night. This could create enormous temperature variations from one side of the planet to the other. Such conditions would appear to make it difficult for forms of life similar to those on Earth to evolve."
Red dwarf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gods do not tell you all these things, one has to look up to science.

What those many catastrophics that will end life on earth before earth losing its moon and how you know those things will happen ?