• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Purpose of life in Your religion

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Purpose of life in Your religion

To be happy. And this comes from understanding that the true nature of the universe is sat-chit-ananda (being-bliss-awareness). It is just our identification and attachment with things always subject to change that disturbs happiness. So the purpose of my religion is just to teach us to live in being-bliss-awareness NOW. All temporal things will pass but the real 'I' is really Brahman in all of us.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
It's just the nature of things.

Is it a scientific reply or a nonsense one.

It is like saying we just launch a satellite to sky with any amount of fuel and to any direction and to any height and then the satellite will naturally orbits earth,that is your science,no laws and no math needed,things will just work naturally.:facepalm:

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Is it a scientific reply or a nonsense one.

It is like saying we just launch a satellite to sky with any amount of fuel and to any direction and to any height and then the satellite will naturally orbits earth,that is your science,no laws and no math needed,things will just work naturally.:facepalm:

This is by far the nonsensical reply I was expecting from you. Science and mathematics allows us to study, observe, and understand the nature of things. Based on those observations, we can make calculated predictions, such as what trajectory, speed, or distance is required to achieve orbit.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
This is by far the nonsensical reply I was expecting from you. Science and mathematics allows us to study, observe, and understand the nature of things. Based on those observations, we can make calculated predictions, such as what trajectory, speed, or distance is required to achieve orbit.

And the planets of our solar system fixed themselves in their orbits naturally.

That is nonsense and not science except if you are ignorant then you can believe anything and i can't stop you from believing those silly ideas.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
And the planets of our solar system fixed themselves in their orbits naturally.

That is nonsense and not science except if you are ignorant then you can believe anything and i can't stop you from believing those silly ideas.

Well it didn't happen magically, lol. The planets, the Sun, the Moon, the entire universe for that matter is arranged the way it is due to natural forces and natural causes. The notion that God somehow miraculously just put them there is pure silliness.

---

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Well it didn't happen magically, lol. The planets, the Sun, the Moon, the entire universe for that matter is arranged the way it is due to natural forces and natural causes. The notion that God somehow miraculously just put them there is pure silliness.

---

Natural forces,so you are talking about coincidences,so you are still talking about nonsense and not even realizing it.

Of course it won't work by magic but by intelligent design,but your model is the magical one,Boom,then every thing is on place working perfectly and timely.

images

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Natural forces,so you are talking about coincidences,so you are still talking about nonsense and not even realizing it.

Of course it won't work by magic but by intelligent design,but your model is the magical one,Boom,then every thing is on place working perfectly and timely.

images

More of a very slow expansion over billions of years (the Big Bang). Your "intelligent design" thing is more reminiscent of some sort of circus magic show...

poof-merlins-magic.png

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
More of a very slow expansion over billions of years (the Big Bang). Your "intelligent design" thing is more reminiscent of some sort of circus magic show...

poof-merlins-magic.png

Yes,slow Boom.

It is OK for me to believe that a magician did the Boom,than seeing the Boom occurring out of nothing and out of itself which is nonsense and stupid science,,sorry,i can't call it science but stupid ideas.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Yes,slow Boom.

It is OK for me to believe that a magician did the Boom,than seeing the Boom occurring out of nothing and out of itself which is nonsense and stupid science,,sorry,i can't call it science but stupid ideas.

Doesn't it come down to an arbitrary preference for believing that existence happened due to an act from a deity whose existence you can't really explain or justify, as opposed to directly accepting that existence has no clear purpose or justification?

You are free to believe in a Creator God, but you will have a hard time demonstrating that such is a necessary belief.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Doesn't it come down to an arbitrary preference for believing that existence happened due to an act from a deity whose existence you can't really explain or justify, as opposed to directly accepting that existence has no clear purpose or justification?

You are free to believe in a Creator God, but you will have a hard time demonstrating that such is a necessary belief.

Thats why it is called belief.

BruceDLimber

The Baha'i Faith states our purpose here is twofold:

• As individuals, to acquire the spiritual virtues we'll need both now and in the Next Life.
• In aggregate, to carry forward an ever-advancing, spiritually-based civilization.

And the purpose of religion is to show us HOW to go about these!

Bruce

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...weren't you saying in one of my other threads that you weren't really curious about other cultures or something? You seemed to go on and on about it as well..

There was a thread in the Hindu DIR that seemed to have several non-Hindus posting so I figured it would trigger interest in comparative (non-Hindus aren't supposed to post in the Hindu DIR, as with all DIRs) aso I started it as a courtesy, but I've been reading what folks have to say.,.... some. :)

Last edited:

Straw Dog

Seems personal purpose changes daily depending upon changing situations and egoic conflicts. Decided to let go of conceptualizing purpose abstractly and focus more on meaningful action through nonaction being-with-others being-in-the-situation.

InChrist

Free4ever
Religion is interesting to learn about and understand, but it has no purpose in my life. Relationship with God on the other hand is very important to me and I see it as a necessity to be in relationship with my Creator. In my perspective religion and relationship are diametrically opposed.