• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Q & A about Fasting

zainabhaseen

Innocent Angel
Islam obliges fasting as a source for achieving virtue and faithfulness and during the month of Ramadan we prove our faith (Iman) in Allah by following the Quran and Sunnah (lifestyle) of our prophet Muhammad S.A.W.

Most of the people have many questions about fasting and some of them are:

Q: Is it important to eat a Pre-dawn Meal?
A:
Definitely it is important, for being able to survive through the long day without any food. Anas reported that the Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. said, “Eat a Suhur, for there are blessings in it.” It strengthens the fasting person, gives him energy and makes the fasting easier for him.

Q: Is it allowed to use Miswak or tooth brush for cleaning teeth? OR are we allowed to take a shower?
A:
Tooth Brush is not allowed but one can use a brush without tooth paste or else he can use Miswak. The Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. used His Miswak while fasting.

A fasting person can also take a shower or bathe but he must be careful not to swallow the water.

Q: Is a sick person exempted from fasting?
A:
If someone suffers from a disease which can’t be cured easily then fasting are exempted for that person but he/she has to compensate them. For each fast, a poor person has to be fed two times or else the equivalent amount has to be paid to a needy person.

Q: Do lying, stealing, foolish talk, abusing and other prohibited acts nullify the fasting?
A:
O you who believe, fasting is decreed for you, as it was decreed for those before you, that you may attain salvation. [Quran, 2:183]

From the above verse of Quran we can notice that there is a main objective of fasting; to control ourselves and to keep away from false acts.

The Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. said: “Fasting is a shield, so when one of you is fasting he should not indulge in foul or foolish talk. If someone attacks him or insults him, let him say: 'I am fasting, I am fasting”.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Thank you for sharing this link with me, A-ManESL. I can definitely see why it would be debatable. :)