• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about Abortion laws for anyone who does not live in America.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
If you would, tell us what country you live in, and what the abortion laws are like that.

I live in Canada, and there are essentially no laws regarding abortion, late term abortions are still incredibly rare and are only performed for medical reasons, but that is due to common medical practice, not any law. In Ontario I know that OHIP (government medical insurance) will cover abortions up to a certain point.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
If you would, tell us what country you live in, and what the abortion laws are like that.

I live in Canada, and there are essentially no laws regarding abortion, late term abortions are still incredibly rare and are only performed for medical reasons, but that is due to common medical practice, not any law. In Ontario I know that OHIP (government medical insurance) will cover abortions up to a certain point.
England. Women are allowed to take abortion pills at home in the first nine weeks, and abortions are lawfull up to 24 weeks if two doctors are in agreement that the mother could be in physical or mental difficulty/danger if continuing. Abortions after 24 weeks can only be carried out of there is an immediate and serious physical/mental danger for mother.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Im British but @oldbadger has seen to that. But I live in France so...

From Wikipedia...

Abortion in France is legal as an elective medical procedure during the first 14 weeks from conception.[1][2] Abortions at later stages of pregnancy up until birth are allowed if two physicians certify that the abortion will be done to prevent injury to the physical or mental health of the pregnant woman; a risk to the life of the pregnant woman; or that the child will suffer from a particularly severe illness recognized as incurable.[3][4][5] The abortion law was liberalized by the Veil Act in 1975.​
Abortion in France - Wikipedia.