• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about tulpas.

Frank Goad

On this website it says a tupla is this:

What is a tulpa?​

A tulpa is an entity created in the mind, acting independently of, and parallel to your own consciousness. They are able to think, and have their own free will, emotions, and memories. In short, a tulpa is like a sentient person living in your head, separate from you. It’s currently unproven whether or not tulpas are truly sentient, but in this community, we treat them as such. It takes time for a tulpa to develop a convincing and complex personality; as they grow older, your attention and their life experiences will shape them into a person with their own hopes, dreams and beliefs.

My question is can they go to Heaven?Purgatory?Or Hell?:)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
My question is can they go to Heaven?Purgatory?Or Hell?:)

Which ones?

I mean, since they are constructs with a degree of apparent autonomy, there are some premises at work here that don't necessarily converge to whichever understandings of heaven, purgatory and hell you may be using.

At first glance, I would guess that something comparable to those ideas probably is indeed created by some tulpas for their own immersion. They can probably destroy them as well, as well as themselves. Some form of significant transformation is probably in the cards as well.

Heck, they probably develop their own mythologies and sometimes share them. That is quite possibly how Thelema originated, come to think of it. Probably some other traditions as well.

Last edited: