• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for theists

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Cause and effect.

God is the Cause.....creation is the effect.

Kinda hard to say...."'I AM"....without some evidence of it!

So I reason anyway.

billthecat

Because of the way He has worked and been involved in my life. I'm sure because I know.

None of us can see gravity, but we can observe with certainty its affects and effects. We all see the dropped rock fall. *I* know the affects and effects of God in my life. But no matter how I would explain it I can't prove it in a way that would be convincing for everyone. I could convey every detail of my experience with God and someone could still dismiss all of it as coincidence, statistics, seeing what I want to see, imagination.. what have you.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Well, for me god equals consciousness. I can know of my consciousness and that of others, but besides that I have no reason to think anything exists outside of consciousness, or that consciousness ever ends.

So, if I have no reason to think consciousness ever ends, then I assume it was always there. So ... Well, I have always been, either in this body or ianother or in another form of experiencing.

The sum of all consciousness I call Hod.

How am I sure? Well. i could be wrong, but then again, I could be dreaming right now. I cant be sure to be awake.

Treks

I'm not "sure", but I've thought about the existence of the universe and figure it had to come from somewhere.

That being said, you haven't defined "God". I'm fairly sure humanoid god characters don't exist.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
What makes you SURE God exists?:angel2:

laws of nature, instincts in animals, complexity...

I dont believe these marvels could evolve unguided and undirected. Even energy requires a source...so it must have come from a being with enough power to create all these things. I say a 'being' because there is intelligence in the universe and in the way things run....only an 'intelligence' can organize things in the manner they are.

Wherenextcolumbus

laws of nature, instincts in animals, complexity...

I dont believe these marvels could evolve unguided and undirected. Even energy requires a source...so it must have come from a being with enough power to create all these things. I say a 'being' because there is intelligence in the universe and in the way things run....only an 'intelligence' can organize things in the manner they are.

But how are you sure of the source?

Wherenextcolumbus

I'm not "sure", but I've thought about the existence of the universe and figure it had to come from somewhere.

That being said, you haven't defined "God". I'm fairly sure humanoid god characters don't exist.

By God I mean a spirit type being, eternal, conscious of its existence, created the universe

Wherenextcolumbus

Because of the way He has worked and been involved in my life. I'm sure because I know.

None of us can see gravity, but we can observe with certainty its affects and effects. We all see the dropped rock fall. *I* know the affects and effects of God in my life. But no matter how I would explain it I can't prove it in a way that would be convincing for everyone. I could convey every detail of my experience with God and someone could still dismiss all of it as coincidence, statistics, seeing what I want to see, imagination.. what have you.

Do you believe God connects with people of any faith or do you believe only one path leads to God?