• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions about how Catholicism deals with Racism.

Kuy4_Francis

Hello there! Before I begin, I hope none of these questions offend anybody because I certainly did not write them with the intention of doing so. Nor did I intend for any debate to occur.

As a student, I'm trying to learn about certain religions' views on Racism. I'm here to ask several questions on the personal views of those in the Catholic faith concerning racism and how their faith ties into their responses. I've also done this in the Islamic board as well.

I would appreciate any response towards the following questions. If you can't answer any or feel like it is too personal, feel free to skip it. Also, responses in private messages are certainly welcome!

Thank you so much in advance, your responses are very much appreciated!

1. What does your faith say about racism and the exclusion of others? Are there any specific quotes in your sacred text/s which you could refer to?

2. Can any specific references be made concerning the treatment of other cultures in relation to your God?

3. As a member of your faith, what have you personally learnt about the treatment of people from other cultures/ethnicities?

4. From these teachings, what action have you undertaken to practice what has been taught about combating (if taught) racism?

5. Have these efforts, if any, worked to a degree in amplifying your faith’s teachings about the treatment of other ethnic groups?

6. Have you ever experienced vilification because of your ethnicity/culture? If so, how have you responded to it and has your faith played any part in such responses?

7. If any changes could be made to your faith’s view on racism, what do you feel would be the appropriate view to be undertaken?

jpk1313

pilgram philosopher
In princable racism is condemed in practice it does happen. In christianity race is irrelevent becuse we are all human beings though some protestant sects say otherwise such as the christian identity movment in the u.s.a. john 3:16 for god so loved the world he gave his only begotten son so that all who belive in him should not perish but have everlasting life. Christianity is universal in embracing all humans but not all human embrace humanity. some people are just idiots who need to blame others for the problems in their life this is the cause of racism, along with fear of "others". With the growth of the global village racism is dying give it another 50 or so years and groups like the kkk and neo-nazis and like groups will be nothing more than articals in history books. In general I've found that religions are open to all who want to learn and any racist attitudes are of the individual and not the theology.