• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions to Kemetics?

I have a couple of questions regarding Khemeticsm and other world mythologies. I don't know where to post this though so mods please move this where it should be.

I am writing a fantasy novel which cross-combines many cultures. For example, imagine if the Chinese Afterlife or the Chinese Gods knew of the Egyptian Gods. Or Ahura Mazda meeting Buddha. I mean, it's been done in video games, God of War anyone?Would you read a novel like that? The Monkey King intervening in a situation where he beats Apep? I say this because the Monotheistic point of view is too much for me sometimes. Ofc this is fantasy, and I hope I do not offend anyone with this. They'd all have fantasy names so that won't be much of a problem.

1) As a Kemetic, what does today's modern revival of the Ancient Egyptian religion hold for you? Are the Gods real to you, as the Hindu Gods are to me? I'm not asking for proof, I'm saying do you feel they are real, there is some sort of divine intervention so to say?

2) What kind of Kemetic rituals are there as compared to the Egyptians that lived thousands of years ago? What do you pray for?

3) Do you believe that Ancient Egypt was a microscope, a tiny thing compared to the Great Heaven of Aaru? Were there lakes, mountains in Aaru? Do you think there are huge palaces in the Great Lands of Aaru?

4) I'm not getting what the Duat is, I mean it's the gateway to Aaru I believe? I want to stay true to the Egyptian afterlife but come on, I'd like to do some creative liberty like with the Gods attacking each other etc.

5) What do you think of the Afterlife? What is it compared to Christianity or any other religion? Is it like Zoroastrianism, which has a similar concept?

6) Where do the Gods live in the Egyptian afterlife? Do they live at the end of a Great Cow or something like that?

7) And I have to ask, what do you think of AC Origins and Curse of the Pharoahs DLC which depicts Aaru? :)

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Unfortunately, we do not seem to have any Kemetics active on the board recently. Maybe one will show up but I wouldn't count on it. There's not many Pagans and polytheists in general on here but we do have an overflow of boorish anti-theists and fundie Christians. I would gladly trade them for some Pagans and polytheists. :rolleyes:

Anyway, good luck.

Unfortunately, we do not seem to have any Kemetics active on the board recently. Maybe one will show up but I wouldn't count on it. There's not many Pagans and polytheists in general on here but we do have an overflow of boorish anti-theists and fundie Christians. I would gladly trade them for some Pagans and polytheists. :rolleyes:

Anyway, good luck.

I read a few threads where some Kemetics had posted, but it sucks to hear that.

Hopefully, anyone with a Polytheist background could help me with some knowledge on Egypt....haha

Yes, there's a lot of Christians onboard here, I was expecting more Polytheists or anything like that.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I read a few threads where some Kemetics had posted, but it sucks to hear that.

Hopefully, anyone with a Polytheist background could help me with some knowledge on Egypt....haha

Yes, there's a lot of Christians onboard here, I was expecting more Polytheists or anything like that.
I hope someone who actually knows much about ancient Egyptian religion can help you, too. :)

GoodbyeDave

Since no-one else has volunteered, I'll try to help.

For example, imagine if the … Chinese Gods knew of the Egyptian Gods.
They wouldn't be much in the way of gods if they didn't!

Are the Gods real to you, as the Hindu Gods are to me?
Those I've encountered on-line would say "yes". Reconstructionists are generally polytheists since polytheism is what comprised the original religions. Of course, that wouldn't necessarily apply to the sort of person who'd call themselves a "Kemetic Witch" or whatever!

What kind of Kemetic rituals are there as compared to the Egyptians that lived thousands of years ago? What do you pray for?
Unlike the Greeks, the Egyptian priests were very enthusiastic about documentation. I have a book of Egyptian hymns and prayers translated from those used in the ancient temples for the use of modern worshipers. Those worshipers will naturally pray for the sort of things that any of us might pray for.

Were there lakes, mountains in Aaru? Do you think there are huge palaces in the Great Lands of Aaru?
I'm not getting what the Duat is, I mean it's the gateway to Aaru I believe?
The Yaru "reed beds" were clearly regarded as a pleasant place and the best parts of Egypt served as a mental image. But I doubt is many will take that too literally, any more than I would a description of the Elysian fields. The Dwat is indeed the gateway or perhaps the process of transition to the afterlife: the literal meaning is just "dawn".

Here's one group of Egyptian reconstructionists — there are a variety of positions.
The Kemetic Orthodox Religion