• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quote by High Lama from "Lost Horizon" I love that it embraces kindness and love

God is love

Look at the world today.
Is there anything more pitiful?
But when has the world known any other time?
What madness there is, what blindness, what unintelligent laedership.
A furiously racing mass of bewildered humanity, strengthening not in wisdom
but in vulger passions, crashing headlong into eachother,
motivated by greed and propelled into brutality.
The time must come when evil will destroy itself.

For when the day comes that the world begins to look for a new life,
it is our belief, they will find their reservoir of hope here.
So here we shall stay with our books and our music and our meditation.
Here we shall be to guide the footsteps of a weary people.
Here we shall be with our way of life based on one simple rule BE KIND.
And it is our hope that Shangri La's brotherly love will spread throughout the world.
And when the strong have devoured eachother,
then, at last,
The meek shall inherit the earth.

I searched and found that a Lama is of the Buddhist religeon

God is love

This movie was made in 1937 and yet it seems that it is describing conditions in our world today. It shows how history repeats it self until all humanity learns from the past that the best way to live is with love.
I've heard the saying "It takes a village to raise a child". I think it takes all of those who embrace love to raise {influence} the others to embrace love also then we can live in peace and harmony with eachother.

Your Christian faith extends your desires beyond yourself. I believe Buddhists keep themselves on their path and it is that and the inner peace they exhibit which attracts others.

We can only control us. Buddhists are not out to convert the world. What the world sees in the buddhist is love and peace and that is what the world covet, I humbly believe.