• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Qur'an 3:113-115

A4B4

What do you think of Qur’an 3:113-115? When I read it, I gather it says there is a group of Christians who will be saved (and I'm assuming this is still true today)–-especially considering Qur’an 2:62.

But assuming I'm reading this correctly, this seems to sum up my personal beliefs to a large extent. I believe that while many if not most Christians aren't really Christian (so many haven't even read the Bible), there certainly is a group which exercise great faith and are very humble, whom I feel will be saved.

So my question: Do you believe I am reading this correctly?

Cordoba

Hello A4B4:

Thank you for your question.

The verses you mentioned are translated on the following page:

http://www.islambasics.com/view.php?bkID=120&chapter=3

On the Day of Judgement, God will be the Just and Merciful Judge. He forgives all sins except disbelief and associating others with Him. So the main pre-requisite is faith in pure Monotheism, which was the same message of all of God's prophets before Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, and doing good in this world.

All believers before Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, who comply with the above will be saved by God's Mercy.

The area of disagreement is on believers after Prophet Muhammad, who received God's final guidance, Islam, but did not follow it.

This is an answer with more details to a similar question from IOL:

Who are the Jews & Christians to be Rewarded by Allah?

Peace and all the best.

ayani

Cordoba said:
He forgives all sins except disbelief and associating others with Him.

the phrasing of the second part of this sentence is interesting.

what is "associating others with Allah"?

Cordoba

Meaning to worship others beside God.

Pure Monotheism is the belief in the One and Only Creator and Sustainer of the universe.

(Shirk), which is to associate others in worship with God, is a sin which God does not forgive.

Cordoba

This is the definition of Shirk:

Shirk basically is polytheism, i.e., the worship of others along with Allah Almighty. It also implies attributing Divine attributes to any other besides Allah.

It particularly implies associating partners in worship with Allah or believing that the source of power, harm or blessings is from others besides Allah.
"Verily, Allah forgives not that partners should be ascribed to Him in worship, but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom He pleases; and whoever ascribes partners to Allah in worship, has indeed invented a tremendous sin." (Qur'an, 4:48)