• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Qur'an 5:82-85

A4B4

I noticed in Surah 5, Ayats 82-85 that Yusafali writes:
Strongest among men in enmity to the believers wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say, "We are Christians": because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant.
And when they listen to the revelation received by the Messenger, thou wilt see their eyes overflowing with tears, for they recognise the truth: they pray: "Our Lord! we believe; write us down among the witnesses.
"What cause can we have not to believe in Allah and the truth which has come to us, seeing that we long for our Lord to admit us to the company of the righteous?"
And for this their prayer hath Allah rewarded them with gardens, with rivers flowing underneath,- their eternal home. Such is the recompense of those who do good.

As a Christians, I'm curious what this means? Am I misinterpreting it by thinking it says the humble Christians who are truly searching for the truth will be saved?

Thanks in advance!

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hi dear, I'm glad you asked and i'll be happy to discuss with you about it and you are free to ask as much questions as you want. :)

A4B4 said:
I noticed in Surah 5, Ayats 82-85 that Yusafali writes:
Strongest among men in enmity to the believers wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say, "We are Christians": because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant.

And when they listen to the revelation received by the Messenger, thou wilt see their eyes overflowing with tears, for they recognise the truth: they pray: "Our Lord! we believe; write us down among the witnesses.

"What cause can we have not to believe in Allah and the truth which has come to us, seeing that we long for our Lord to admit us to the company of the righteous?"

And for this their prayer hath Allah rewarded them with gardens, with rivers flowing underneath,- their eternal home. Such is the recompense of those who do good.

As a Christians, I'm curious what this means? Am I misinterpreting it by thinking it says the humble Christians who are truly searching for the truth will be saved?

Thanks in advance!

Actually, usually in Quran you will notice that God will show the action and it's reward and for the verse you mentioned it's about Christians because Allah said that the christians never ever deny the truth when they understand and believe in it because they are humble and not arrogant nor stubborn.

Therefore, in that passage you can notice that the christians said:

"Our Lord! we believe; write us down among the witnesses".

and the reward for this believe is:

"And for this their prayer hath Allah rewarded them with gardens ...".

Also, there is many stories where Christians were huging prophet Mohammed kissing him once they hear him recite Quran or telling them about it because it was in their scriptures that a prophet must come in that area of arabia and once they hear the truth, they were directly following it because they were waiting for it.

So, to answer your question, the reward for a christian or any human being is to acknowledge the only God, God of all human beings, to believe in him and in all his messengers and prophets and the reward will be heaven "God willing" and when God mentioned the truth which the christians believed in, so it means the message of prophet Mohammed which God sent to us, human beings which is Islam, in order to perfect our belief in God and sustain it.

I hope that i helped you to understand that passage and maybe the other brothers and sisters muslims in here might help to explain it more for you "God willing".

Peace and blessing, :)