• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quran acknowledges creators other than Allah?

robo

Hello all:

Allah in Quran 23:14 said:
Then fashioned We the drop a clot, then fashioned We the clot a little lump, then fashioned We the little lump bones, then clothed the bones with flesh, and then produced it as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of creators!

What is the category/set/properties of creators in comparison to whom Allah is the best?

Is there an example of a creator OTHER than Allah?

Thanks.

I think it's in the same vein as (paraphrased) "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me." from the 10 Commandments. In one interpretation, it's "There's more than Me, but I'm the best." In another, it's "Any others are fake and thus are lesser than me."

I'm not really sure though. This is just speculation.

Last edited:

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Islam puts far too much effort into emphasising that Allah is the only one to take that verse to mean anything other than that Allah is the only existing God.

I do agree though that both in the Quran and Bible the wording makes it open to interpretation. I know some Christians who actually believe that other gods exist for this reason.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
The word "creator" in Arabic can sometimes be used loosely to mean "inventor", which is a rare usage. In this context, it means that Allah is the best of all inventors, and that no one can create or invent anything as good as He can.

So no, it doesn't mean that there are any other creators besides Allah, but the verse emphasizes that Allah is the greatest of all creators, or inventors, in this case, which includes humans.

Last edited:

robo

The word "creator" in Arabic can sometimes be used loosely to mean "inventor", which is a rare usage. In this context, it means that Allah is the best of all inventors, and that no one can create or invent anything as good as He can.

So no, it doesn't mean that there are any other creators besides Allah, but the verse emphasizes that Allah is the greatest of all creators, or inventors, in this case, which includes humans.

How is Allah the best of inventors? That is, WHEN is someone a good inventor and when is someone a bad inventor?

What are the other inventors that the verse is referring to? Could you provide some examples/analogies?

Thanks.

Ghazzal

Look around you towards the clouds, you will find no pillar supporting it from collapsing on the earth. which architect can design a small shade with such property, without pillar. Let alone comparinf the siize of the earth, the heavens and the distance between them.

Ghazzal

"[31:10] He created the heavens without any pillars that ye can see; He set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you; and He scattered through it beasts of all kinds. We send down rain from the sky, and produce on the earth every kind of noble creature, in pairs.
[31:11] Such is the Creation of Allah: now show Me what is there that others besides Him have created: nay, but the Transgressors are in manifest error."
The best of creators as in above post is in comparism to any other claimed creator or god.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Or ...
23:13 ... and then We bring [all] this into being as a new creation: hallowed, therefore, is God, the best of the artisans!​
Noting ...

Lit., "the best of the creators". As Tabari points out, the Arabs apply the designation "creator" to every artisan - a usage current in European languages with reference to the "creation" of works of art and imagination. Since God is the only Creator in the real, primary sense of this word, the phrase ahsan al-khaliqin must be understood in the secondary sense of the term khaliq (cf. Taj al-'Arus, art. ahalaqa). [Muhammad Asad]
Islam is a monotheistic religion.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
How is Allah the best of inventors? That is, WHEN is someone a good inventor and when is someone a bad inventor?

What are the other inventors that the verse is referring to? Could you provide some examples/analogies?

Thanks.
for my opinion , WE are "the exemple" ,we the creatures but we considerate as limited creators , we could creat new things but we using other creatures to creat !!!!
how is that ?
for exemple ,we creat the planes , and we ameloire it , by materials we did not creat (steel , oil , ....etc ) (things already existed) .
we are just edit what Allah(God) created before .
and for my opinion we have limited to edit , for exemple , the speed for the light could not be change by human .
that verse of Quran considerate as a miracle for me , because Allah did not deny that there is NO creators beside HIM .
Allah tell us in this verse of Quran ( the Best of creators) ,that He know that there are creators , BUT He is the best one .

Last edited: