• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rate the last movie you watched

☆Dreamwind☆

I decided to revisit The Crow-It's decent, but I was never a big fan of it. Killer soundtrack, Lee gave a great performance. The dialogue and acting could have spent a little more time in the oven.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Haikyuu. Japanese anime about an underdog volley ball team. Great exciting story with good values.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Oppenheimer: C+
  • interesting topic
  • some decent acting
  • little character development
  • much shallow history
  • episodic vapid nudity

PureX

Veteran Member
I have a hard time finding movies to watch these days. I start them and get 15 - 20 minutes in and realize that I just don't care enough to bother continuing.

I think the last movie I watched all the way through was "Poor Things". It wasn't geat, but it was at least interesting. I couldn't predict where the story was going at all. And the characters were weird enough and so well acted that it made me want to find out.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
I decided to revisit The Crow-It's decent, but I was never a big fan of it. Killer soundtrack, Lee gave a great performance. The dialogue and acting could have spent a little more time in the oven.

The Holdivers. The best movie in a long time. Similar to Dead Poets Society, but better. Giamatti's best performance.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Honky Tonk Freeway. 5/10. I liked it when I first saw it decades ago, but it didn't seem to be as good this time.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
The dialogue and acting could have spent a little more time in the oven.
That is very true. Like, who really Draven? Why does he speak in bumper sticker and t-shirt quotes? What drugs were involved in making "I have something to give you. I don't want it anymore. Thirty hours of pain all at once, all for you"?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I hadn't seen this for a long time so I didn't predict the outcome exactly, although I knew roughly what was going to happen. The film Taxi driver was on TV last night and well worth a view - as it was the first time I saw it. Quite a mixture of emotions, and with such strong acting from all the cast. 10/10 from me.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox

Today I drove into town and sat for over 3 hours at the nearest movie theater and watched the new western movie "Horizon: Chapter 1."

Kevin Costner wrote, directed, and starred in this (three part) movie. And he used his own money to finance it!

If you like a good western, you must check it out - on the big screen, ideally. Epic, two thumbs up. It builds slowly but oh boy...

Part 2 in August
Part 3 later this year

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I watched "Nope" last night
Not a bad film but not the best, i think the monkey scenes were only there for the horror aspect and superfluous.
The rest was a pretty good, entertaining semi horror.

Around 7/10... If the monkey scenes were removed then perhaps an 8