• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rating the creator!

Rate the creator (see opening post)

• Very Evil

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Evil

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Evenly balanced

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Good

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Very Good

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • He doesn't exist

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters

Silver

Just maybe
Based on the evidence of things we see around us (eg. Seaside sunsets, measles, slugs, motor neurone disease, etc), how would we rate the creator?

Dezzie

Based on the evidence of things we see around us (eg. Seaside sunsets, measles, slugs, motor neurone disease, etc), how would we rate the creator?

Are we rating on the present or the past? Many things in the present have been caused by society.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Are we rating on the present or the past? Many things in the present have been caused by society.

I was thinking the same thing. Are we rating the way the Earth originally was (theoretically, that is) or the way it is now? ;)

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
If there's a "god" I believe "he" left nature to its own devices. I would look at god through the deist perspective and say he's neutral.

Last edited:

Dezzie

I was thinking the same thing. Are we rating the way the Earth originally was (theoretically, that is) or the way it is now? ;)

Yeah... I still can't figure out a way to rate this. If God IS real.... The present isn't his fault... it is ours... The future isn't God's doing either.

Now... I also haven't seen what life really was like back then when the Earth was "created" but I can guarentee you that it was beautiful. I'm not rating on the present or the future because I don't blame a God for that... But... IF a God created the Earth, I'd give him/her a 10 (for the past). I'd give society a 1 though... for the present. As far as the future... I haven't been there.

outhouse

Atheistically
I believe a primitive thought pattern we carry is to blame luck or a deity for our own doing.

I voted doesnt exist [suprise i know :)]

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Well gee....passing judgment toward God.

and we have what it takes.....

yeah...right.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I'll just go with: there's no such thing as good and evil.

Nature is beautiful and pleasurable but also harsh and deadly. Nature is an aspect of God. But it is neither 'good' nor 'bad'.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
One of those complicated questions, huh?
I would vote in 'stupid, negligent, lame, and sadist'.
But there is nothing like that in the poll...
So i am going to vote in evil.

St Giordano Bruno

He doesn't exist as a conscious entity and beside I don't believe "evil" has any objective existence it is all culturally relative as to what is deemed as being "evil" and what is not.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Depends on the purpose and goal of existence. Seems doubtful that humans would be of any particular significance to god, so if god does exist, I doubt our perspective on the universe is suited to make a sufficient judgment on the morality of such an entity.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Maybe he is just doing the best he can. I mean nobody’s perfect.

If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever. - Woody Allen