• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Real Housewives" star has new book that advocates marital rape

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Joe and Melissa are not people that I can relate to and I'm cautious to label Melissa an "abused" woman

Why do you care if I do? I thought you didn't care?

And for the record you can be "cautious " all you like not labeling her an "abused" woman even though you don't care..I'm careful too and I'm saying "abused women" will often go along with it..You said she must "enjoy it"or she wouldn't play the role and I DISAGREE..

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Why do you care if I do? I thought you didn't care?

And for the record you can be "cautious " all you like not labeling her an "abused" woman even though you don't care..I'm careful too and I'm saying "abused women" will often go along with it..You said she must "enjoy it"or she wouldn't play the role and I DISAGREE..

She refers to her own marriage as hot and happy, Dallas. If she truly construed these actions to be abusive, I doubt she'd be working with her husband, to exploit this to the public, for money.

If Melissa Gorga is an abused woman, it's abuse that she's choosing for her life...and capitlizaing on it. So, no, I don't really give a rat's ***.

This type of exploitation and egotism can have a negate impact on those who are genuinely victimized.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Joe Gorga said:
Every girl wants to get her hair pulled once in a while.

Every girl? It's more or less the defining mark of an imbecile that he or she thinks they can speak for all 6 billion people on the planet -- or at least, for half of them.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
She refers to her own marriage as hot and happy, Dallas.

To sell a book...

If she truly construed these actions to be abusive, I doubt she'd be working with her husband, to exploit this to the public, for money.

Why do you doubt that?

If Melissa Gorga is an abused woman, it's abuse that she's choosing for her life...and capitlizaing on it. So, no, I don't really give a rat's ***.

Then don't say shes not abused.And debate me I think she is .You don't give a "rats ***" why are you debating it?

This type of exploitation and egotism can have a negate impact on those who are genuinely victimized.

And that's why I give a rats ***.. point out she is describing abuse not a healthy marriage...But you don't care......What's your point?

Wherenextcolumbus

Seriously, you really think it's the common stance among liberals to to defend marital rape?

That aside, I doubt there are many people who take these reality tv cretins seriously.

Well look at the above comments, why are people saying some people like being treated this way? Why are some people trying to complicate what this man is saying? He admitted he is a rapist, there is nothing complicated about it.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Well look at the above comments, why are people saying some people like being treated this way? Why are some people trying to complicate what this man is saying? He admitted he is a rapist, there is nothing complicated about it.

Thank you ...What I am hearing is she enjoys being raped or else she wouldn't be with him let alone write a book about it..

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
To sell a book...

Why do you doubt that?

Then don't say shes not abused.And debate me I think she is .You don't give a "rats ***" why are you debating it?

And that's why I give a rats ***.. point out she is describing abuse not a healthy marriage...But you don't care......What's your point?

Dallas, for these actions to be abusive, Melissa would have to take offense and to be hurt by Joe's actions. In honesty, neither of us have that type of insight into her life, to know if she construes his actions to be abusive.

If Melissa felt victimized by her husband - she's choosing to exploit his behavior as if it's acceptable. PERHAPS, to her, his actions are acceptable. Regardless, I can't pity a woman who chooses to capitalize on her sex life in this way. It cheapens her. It cheapens him. If she is being abused and is unhappy, she's exploiting the situation for money, instead of addressing it in a healthy way - if it even needs to be addressed.

In their own screwed up way, the two of them may very well be enjoying their "hot and happy" marriage.

If you don't understand me, I can't explain in any clearer terms.

Last edited:

Wherenextcolumbus

Thank you ...What I am hearing is she enjoys being raped or else she wouldn't be with him let alone write a book about it..

People don't realise that in abusive relationships the abuser uses the victim to validate the relationship to the public. Especially when they ask questions like "you like it when I treat you like crap don't you?" And the victim has to say yes cause you know they would get a beat down if they don't, when everyone else leaves and they are alone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wherenextcolumbus

Lots of people stay with abusive partners and justify their behaviour to outsiders. "Oh he hit me because I provoked him, really it's my fault for not being a better wife" that does not mean they are actually happy and are anything less than a victim because they have low self esteem.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
People don't realise that in abusive relationships the abuser uses the victim to valid the relationship to the public. Especially when they ask questions like "you like it when I treat you like crap don't you?" And the victim has to say yes cause you know they would get a beat down if they don't, when everyone else leaves and they are alone.

What do you know about the Real Housewives and Melissa Gorga, in particular?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Lots of people stay with abusive partners and justify their behaviour to outsiders. "Oh he hit me because I provoked him, really it's my fault for not being a better wife" that does not mean they are actually happy and are anything less than a victim because they have low self esteem.

I understand the psychology of abuse.

You're not educating my husband and I on anything that we're not already aware of.

What we question, is the credibility of these two people - Joe & Melissa Gorga.

What you're construing as outright rape, could in fact, be this couple's idea of fun in the bedroom. Have you not thought that perhaps this couple might be picking fun at themselves for the purpose of capitilizing?

It's arrogant for any of us, myself included to claim that we know what's really going on with this couple. We're buying what they're selling us.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
A friend of mine divorced her first husband in part because he would only engage in vanilla sex while she felt a need for kinkier sex -- much, much kinkier -- very much including feigned rape.

Wherenextcolumbus

I understand the psychology of abuse.

You're not educating my husband and I on anything that we're not already aware of.

What we question, is the credibility of these two people - Joe & Melissa Gorga.

What you're construing as outright rape, could in fact, be this couple's idea of fun in the bedroom. Have you not thought that perhaps this couple might be picking fun at themselves for the purpose of capitilizing?

It's arrogant for any of us, myself included to claim that we know what's really going on with this couple. We're buying what they're selling us.

Well if he is lying about rapping his partner than he is still selling the idea that women like to be raped and I have problem with that.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
By what this man is saying I know that he rapes her, that is very clear.

So, you know exactly how SHE construes her own husband's actions?

Further, the original post references another author's OPINION on Melissa's book. You're being fed an opinion for which you're basing your opinion.

You haven't read the entire book for which you can form a credible opinion. Neither have I. Hell, neither have any of us. I've seen enough of these two on TV to know that they are full of ego, but, I haven't been given anything out of these snippets to have the type of insight that you feel you have to label Joe a rapist and Melissa an unhappy, abused woman.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
People don't realise that in abusive relationships the abuser uses the victim to validate the relationship to the public. Especially when they ask questions like "you like it when I treat you like crap don't you?" And the victim has to say yes cause you know they would get a beat down if they don't, when everyone else leaves and they are alone.

Precisely..she cant fight him in private..why would she publically dispute him?

Its ridiculous to say "she must enjoy it"..

That's classic victim blaming.

I give it 5 years..Maybe 10...And she will leave and if anyone "gives a ****" anymore will be reading a book from a different angle..

Wherenextcolumbus

A friend of mine divorced her first husband in part because he would only engage in vanilla sex while she felt a need for kinkier sex -- much, much kinkier -- very much including feigned rape.

And what has this got to do with a woman saying "no I don't want to have sex" and her partner getting upset, especially if they don't have sex at least once a day?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Well if he is lying about rapping his partner than he is still selling the idea that women like to be raped and I have problem with that.

Exactly,,,How dare he say I LIKE to be "turned around" and have my clothes ripped off if I say NO to my husband..I'm a woman..so when he said "all girls"( he can't even say women) he meant me.

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

Well then she should have divorced if it meant that much to her..Not coerced her husband into "giving her what she wants".