• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Real Housewives" star has new book that advocates marital rape

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
It's not just being moody it's everything he said about how he views women's right to refuse sex.

He didn't say anything about a woman's right to refuse sex. I have seen nothing where he has said that his wife doesn't have the right to refuse sex. He's given his perception on what a woman wants and how he and his wife operate within the auspices of his marriage.

Melissa has stated that she's in control of her marriage and that they don't always have sex.

Egotistical turd? Yes. I think so.

Rapist? That's a strong label to use without concrete evidence.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
They sound like bullies at best..bullying a woman into sex.Its not "moody"..and she referred to it being 2 days..

You want to defend that?

By your logic, I bully my husband into sex. I aggravate him for sex all of the time. I suppose I'm a rapist. :cover:

Wherenextcolumbus

He didn't say anything about a woman's right to refuse sex. I have seen nothing where he has said that his wife doesn't have the right to refuse sex. He's given his perception on what a woman wants and how he and his wife operate within the auspices of his marriage.

Melissa has stated that she's in control of her marriage and that they don't always have sex.

Egotistical turd? Yes. I think so.

Rapist? That's a strong label to use without concrete evidence.

He said if a woman says "no" rip her clothes off... I'm sorry how else am I meant to interpret that? "Just gives us want we want" how am I meant to interpret that also?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
It's not rape if she consents.

COERSIVE sex..

You can say its not rape all you want..If I "consent" to sex because my husband makes it clear if I dont I will "pay" if I don't and I fear him ???No that is not technically rape..but it certaintly would'nt be free consent..

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Erm so if someone "consents" after repeatedly having their boundaries violated that is not an assault?

How do you know that her boundaries have been violated? What specifically, has she said that eludes to her boudaires being violated?

It seems as if you're projecting what your feelings and thoughts would be towards Joe, if you were Melissa. But, you aren't Melissa. Neither am I. How do you have this type of insight?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
COERSIVE sex..

You can say its not rape all you want..If I "consent" to sex because my husband makes it clear if I dont I will "pay" if I don't and I fear him ???No that is not technically rape..but it certaintly would'nt be free consent..

Where did Melissa Gorga say that such a thing happens in her marriage?

It just seems to me like you're doing a lot of projecting upon these people. But, that's just me...

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
By your logic, I bully my husband into sex. I aggravate him for sex all of the time. I suppose I'm a rapist. :cover:

It depends..do you threaten real negative consequences if he doesn't? Does he fear if he doesn't?Does he comply to avoid severe negative consequences?

Wherenextcolumbus

How do you know that her boundaries have been violated? What specifically, has she said that eludes to her boudaires being violated?

It seems as if you're projecting what your feelings and thoughts would be towards Joe, if you were Melissa. But, you aren't Melissa. Neither am I. How do you have this type of insight?

He said if a woman says no, turn her around and rip her clothes off, what part of that don't you understand?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Where did Melissa Gorga say that such a thing happens in her marriage?

It just seems to me like you're doing a lot of projecting upon these people. But, that's just me...

She DESCRIBED it...She described what happened if two days went by without sex..and it wasn't good.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
He said if a woman says no, turn her around and rip her clothes off, what part of that don't you understand?

Umm...she must enjoy it..

If she didn't she wouldn't be there..:facepalm:

Besides if you have a problem with it call spouse ps..(spousal protective services)..ya know because there is one ..:rolleyes:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
He said if a woman says "no" rip her clothes off... I'm sorry how else am I meant to interpret that? "Just gives us want we want" how am I meant to interpret that also?

Talking about this and actually raping your wife, which is a violent act are two different things.

Wherenextcolumbus

Talking about this and actually raping your wife, which is a violent act are two different things.

If someone says that, then I don't think it's really that off key to suspect they are a rapist. Especially when they say their wife puts up a fight sometimes but they always win.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I don't think the buffoon was actually advocating rape, but rather aggressive role play. He just used a very poor choice of words, which granted were tacky and in poor taste. If she were genuinely abused, she wouldn't praise her husband and her sex life with him in her silly little book. Sure, if you look at the cultural background, there's likely a bit of patriarchal and misogynistic undertones, which might deserve criticism, but her attitude doesn't reflect one of a victim.

But really, who actually takes that trashy, shallow, mindless, bottom-of-the-barrel show seriously anyway?

Last edited:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I don't think the buffoon was actually advocating rape, but rather aggressive role play. He just used a very poor choice of words, which granted were tacky and in poor taste. If she were genuinely abused, she wouldn't praise her husband and her sex life with him in her silly little book. Sure, if you look at the cultural background, there's likely a bit of patriarchal and misogynistic undertones, which might deserve criticism, but her attitude doesn't reflect one of a victim.

Thank you! :)

Horrorble, he has expressed what I was having trouble expressing.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
She wasn't necessarily describing it in a defeated way, Dallas. Dear God, read in context.

YOU read it in context.Trust me I did..I have to read the Bible and realize its not condoning slavery...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I read it ..and in the context he is an abusive man and she is in some sort of brainwashed state..Including not once did she talk about HER happiness...Its all about making him happy so her life is not as bad..

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
If someone says that, then I don't think it's really that off key to suspect they are a rapist. Especially when they say their wife puts up a fight sometimes but they always win.

I think you're reading too much into this. I put up a fight when I'm asked to do the dishes, as is in, I complain about it. I'm not actually putting up my fists and violently objecting.

Sorry, I think it's unfair to label someone a rapist without concrete evidence. I think that we've all been given enough to form opinions about their characters and to perhaps question their actions. But, I find it quite arrogant to label a man a rapist, without any more than statements, that have been purposefully examined on a website by someone who is of a particular opinion.

Last edited:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
YOU read it in context.Trust me I did..I have to read the Bible and realize its not condoning slavery...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I read it ..and in the context he is an abusive man and she is in some sort of brainwashed state..Including not once did she talk about HER happiness...Its all about making him happy so her life is not as bad..

Sorry. You're projecting your own perceptions onto their marriage. I will not claim anything in certainty regarding this couple, because I don't know them personally.

You've been given snippets of a book from a website that is critcizing Melissa and her husband and you're convinced that certain things are happening without any additional evidence or insight. Be my guest.