• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Recognizing a saint

animsaj

Hello,

Can someone recognize who is the saint on the pendant?:)
333333FJ9hVEfPeLDMm3CxUE2Z1517678269.jpg

Thanks!

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Hello,

Can someone recognize who is the saint on the pendant?:)
333333FJ9hVEfPeLDMm3CxUE2Z1517678269.jpg

Thanks!
The inscription appears to be in a variant of Greek or the Cyrillic alphabet, although I can't see it closely enough to figure them all out.

The left side appears to be A or D (although to me neither looks quite right--frankly, it looks like a greek Delta, with an extra line or scratch on the lower right side). Second letter appears to be B. The third I don't recognize, it looks like a combination letter, but I couldn't find an example.

If the first letter is A, that might give A B ?

On the right side, it appears much more straightforward: S P O R. The period after makes me think it's an abbreviation of a full word or name.

It's been many years since I studied about these, and I'm only refreshing my memory with Wikipedia.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
On the right side, it appears much more straightforward: S P O R. The period after makes me think it's an abbreviation of a full word or name.
That's what I thought. It makes little sens so I think it's not in full, unless it's someone we have just never heard about.