• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

reconcile the prophets?

hello, I am wondering if anyone on this forum knows of an author or authors who has attempted to reconcile in a systematic manner the major and minor prophets of Judaism, cross referencing those statements of each which line up in time, in form, in content to form a general picture of what the prophets were saying. I feel stupid to ask because I know there must be TWENTY people who have done this and the works well known yet at the library I cannot track it down today.
anyone?

arimoff

hello, I am wondering if anyone on this forum knows of an author or authors who has attempted to reconcile in a systematic manner the major and minor prophets of Judaism, cross referencing those statements of each which line up in time, in form, in content to form a general picture of what the prophets were saying. I feel stupid to ask because I know there must be TWENTY people who have done this and the works well known yet at the library I cannot track it down today.
anyone?
Tanakh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Maybe this can help.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
Stop raping Jewish scriptures, it goes for you and Christians. Your difference is stupid.
If you would have a some brains you would notice the difference and wouldn't stick your nose where it doesn't belong.

Not to mention that this is the Judaism DIR.

Levite

Higher and Higher
anyone?

You might wish to peruse the Jewish Study Bible, which is a nice little study aid. Also, Abraham Joshua Heschel wrote an excellent work on the prophets, wherein he discusses the nature of the prophetic mission, and correlates some of the prophetic sayings. Also, Elman's "The Living Nach" books 1 and 2 are good Orthodox translations and commentaries on the prophets, which involve a small amount of correlation and some cross-referencing.

Unfortunately, the only books I know of that really get into analysis of the prophets have not, to my knowledge, been translated out of the Hebrew....

fatima_bintu_islam

Oops Im sorry everyone, I did not even notice that it was a DIR forum, so please forget my second comment, and just read the book if you're interested.

Peace out