• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RedDragon94's Journal of Religious Identity (JRI) #1

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft (Big Blue): Chapter 1 Commentary

Page 1, paragraph 1
Main Point: It is important to know where witchcraft (Wicca) came from.
My thoughts: I've heard that there's a major difference between Traditional Witchcraft and Wicca. If Wicca does not descend from Traditional Witchcraft how can it be witchcraft? This seems similar to Apostolic Succession to me.

Paragraph 2
Main Point: Margaret Murray is a good source on the history of witchcraft.
My thoughts: I've heard of her before, I'm not as drawn to history as I am to the magickal practices such as ritual, spell-casting, meditation, and the like.

Paragraph 3
Main point: Animism is the original religion of man, and with it Polytheism.
My thoughts: I feel like I'm more of a Monist. Don't get me wrong, there are parts to the whole but it's all one in essence. After all, it's nature.

Page 2, paragraph 1
Main point: The original form of Magick was sympathetic Magick.
My thoughts: Sympathetic Magick is basically the Law of Attraction. Like attracts like. Goal #1: Train your mind. Easier said than done.

paragraph 2
Main Point: Sympathetic Magickal ritual of the religious kind is universal.
My thoughts: Christian communion is a form of sympathetic Magick in that by receiving the body and blood of Christ you receive grace as well. Protestantism is no different, even those who claim it is all symbolic engage in psychodrama when they don't know it.

paragraph 3
Main point: Along with hunting was fertility as an important deity.
My thoughts: What is my intention with Magick? Do I want to find something or change myself internally?

paragraph 4
Main point: The Woman (Divine feminine) was the caretaker of children, not simply a sexual partner.
My thoughts: The Triple Goddess could be mentioned here.

Page 3, paragraph 1
Main point: The Goddess is Mother Earth, she looks after the crops as well.
My thoughts: Everything appears to have gender. The branches of the tree receive the trunk of the tree. In an eclipse the Sun (male, but in this case the receptor) receives the moon (female, but in this case the received).

... To be continued.