• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reincarnation

Otherright

Otherright
What do you think about the possibility of reincarnation?

It is a hallmark of Eastern religions. Science tells us it may be the most scientifically plausible possibility. Many very serious researchers are looking into evidence of its existence. Kabbalism even speaks to it.

What do you think about it, and the directions it is taking in our culture?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
It's the one I accept as an afterlife, and I basically think as if it were true. But I accept that it may not be true.

The only question is: what is it that gets reincarnated or reborn? (There is actually a difference; one involves a soul, the other doesn't.)

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Are we talking the literal "individual soul hops from life to life", or the more metaphorical Buddhist interpretation?

elmarna

I believe in reincarnation.
until my near death expreience I would have not believed.
during that time i came back with knowledge from my previous life I never knew & had to have confirmed.
It is simply knowledge.
how i use it & what value I put on it is of my own choice.
the time before is not judged if i was smarter or unwise & i am inclined to say that since i did return i feel complelled to experience & understand is stong in desire.
Thank you for letting me speak!

Otherright

Otherright
I believe in reincarnation.
until my near death expreience I would have not believed.
during that time i came back with knowledge from my previous life I never knew & had to have confirmed.
It is simply knowledge.
how i use it & what value I put on it is of my own choice.
the time before is not judged if i was smarter or unwise & i am inclined to say that since i did return i feel complelled to experience & understand is stong in desire.
Thank you for letting me speak!

Here is an interesting question for you. Do you think it was a previous life that you encountered, or do you think you were interconnected with someone else's life, through perhaps a quantum entanglement? Just curious as to whether or not you'd considered that. Either way, the implication is fascinating.

Otherright

Otherright
It's the one I accept as an afterlife, and I basically think as if it were true. But I accept that it may not be true.

The only question is: what is it that gets reincarnated or reborn? (There is actually a difference; one involves a soul, the other doesn't.)

That is the question isn't it? I personally think it is the stream of consciousness. I think there is enough evidence by Hameroff, Penrose, Greyson, and Stevenson to prove it happens, and that it is completely biological in nature. I think Von Ward provides enough evidence to say that it is the stream of consciousness that goes on, but the personality dies as it is the part of the soul's genome that is carnal, and the fact that it is in correlation with the 2nd law.

elmarna

No it was my life. I was able to come back with my beliefs of the past. some social. some political. For the most part religious. it is not without being grateful it tends to make me humble & not so quick to belittle the mystery in life that is lifes essence [god]
I am not sure it was done with a purpose in mind when it happened.
i would rather feel that while i am here to experience & understand the way i use what i remember is of importance only if it will serve to the higher good
Stand up straight
Fly right
Forge ahead to a better & brighter tomorrow!
HORUS

Otherright

Otherright
No it was my life. I was able to come back with my beliefs of the past. some social. some political. For the most part religious. it is not without being grateful it tends to make me humble & not so quick to belittle the mystery in life that is lifes essence [god]
I am not sure it was done with a purpose in mind when it happened.
i would rather feel that while i am here to experience & understand the way i use what i remember is of importance only if it will serve to the higher good
Stand up straight
Fly right
Forge ahead to a better & brighter tomorrow!
HORUS

Thank you for sharing. Was it a flash of your current incarnation, or a separate one?

elmarna

it was a form of thoughts, pictures, & feelings.
the feelings carried the most information & the thoughts [so foriegn in how they saw the same earth ] came in with a startle to who i am now.
the pictures were what was fleeting.
the connection was strong enough to help me during my long recovery.
I am not likely to see things the same way.
it has been positive & i have improved upon my life.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE NEAR DEATH PART>
& I DO NOT EVER WANT TO REPEAT IT

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
It only makes sense that the infinitely complex arrangement of neurons, neuronal connections, and the standing wavefront pattern of energy within those neurons which comprises your personality, experiences, and identity, and which uniquely forms over a lifetime of activity, would magically get transferred to an entirely different brain upon the cessation of brain activity.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
We are talking about reincarnation in general. What do you think?
Well, the metaphorical version is much easier to support, since it doesn't require the existence of a soul, the survival of a soul after death, and a system governing how a soul is then reborn.

elmarna

yes my alpha & beta brain waves changed.
i also speak a different way after the experience.
will i tale up serpents?
it is all about choices

Otherright

Otherright
it was a form of thoughts, pictures, & feelings.
the feelings carried the most information & the thoughts [so foriegn in how they saw the same earth ] came in with a startle to who i am now.
the pictures were what was fleeting.
the connection was strong enough to help me during my long recovery.
I am not likely to see things the same way.
it has been positive & i have improved upon my life.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE NEAR DEATH PART>
& I DO NOT EVER WANT TO REPEAT IT

I will take your recommendation and try and avoid it. :)

That is common among people with NDEs; that their life changes, and usually for the better. There could be an explanation for what you experience in what is called quantum entanglement.

As your consciousness leaves your body, it is in entanglement. Some superpositions are collapsing into wave function. While particle functions are moving into the superposition. According to Penrose and Hameroff, the fact that some of these particles had collapsed into wave function allowed you to be interconnected with the Zero Point Field and you literally had the possibility of being everywhere in the universe at that instant.

There are tons of experiments being done in this field as we speak. Quantum biology is no joke. These experiments are being done even in technology with the teleportation of light and the building of quantum networks.

The fact that it is being explained by science, should only reinforce your beliefs. You now have evidence to your claim.

Otherright

Otherright
Well, the metaphorical version is much easier to support, since it doesn't require the existence of a soul, the survival of a soul after death, and a system governing how a soul is then reborn.

I am inclined to agree. I'm more of an atman man myself as well. I believe the soul is impermanent and that consciousness is a stream. The egoless self, that which we seek in meditation. That's what's going... at least in my opinion.

Otherright

Otherright
It only makes sense that the infinitely complex arrangement of neurons, neuronal connections, and the standing wavefront pattern of energy within those neurons which comprises your personality, experiences, and identity, and which uniquely forms over a lifetime of activity, would magically get transferred to an entirely different brain upon the cessation of brain activity.

Well, to me that wouldn't make sense. Luckily, that's not what reincarnation is. That's more of a back-up drive for a computer.

elmarna

So while i may have quantum entanglement.
with out concrete proof how do you tell egyptologists they have it painted in wrong?
it is a burden i bear knowing the truths & no real way to get them to see them!!!!

Otherright

Otherright
So while i may have quantum entanglement.
with out concrete proof how do you tell egyptologists they have it painted in wrong?
it is a burden i bear knowing the truths & no real way to get them to see them!!!!

Unfortunately, that is going to take some time. The Burden of proof must be overwhelming. I feel it is already, but many others don't, even though most of those are not reading what is going on in experiments.