• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion, gender & death penalty, part 2

Are you for or against death penalty?

• Gnosticism, male: for

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gnosticism, male: against

• Gnosticism, female: for

• Gnosticism, female: against

• Jainism, male: for

• Jainism, male: against

• Jainism, female: for

• Jainism, female: against

• Judaism, male: for

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Judaism, male: against

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Judaism, female: for

• Judaism, female: against

• Left-Hand Path, male: for

• Left-Hand Path, male: against

• Left-Hand Path, female: for

• Left-Hand Path, female: against

• Neopagan/Revival, male: for

• Neopagan/Revival, male: against

• Neopagan/Revival, female: for

• Neopagan/Revival, female: against

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Rastafari, male: for

• Rastafari, male: against

• Sikhism, male: for

• Sikhism, male: against

• Sikhism, female: for

• Sikhism, female: against

• Syncretic, male: for

• Syncretic, male: against

• Syncretic, female: for

• Syncretic, female: against

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cypress

Dragon Mom
Please choose the tradition you are affilitated with and your sex.
Because polls allow only 30 options, this poll comes in parts.
Part 1 contains A-I and can be found here.
Part 3 contains T-Z and can be found here.

Last edited:

.lava

Veteran Member
wow Cypress :D
i had to chose "against" because i am sure i can not be "for" it. though i think some people may deserve it. i thought i should mention this. i am not absolutely against it. i have soft spots

Cypress

Dragon Mom
Hi .lava,
Just sent you a pm because I have forgotten to set closing options for this part of the poll to 100 days. :faint:
Can you somehow edit this so that all 3 parts of the poll close at the same time? :help:

Poisonshady313

Whomever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed. Genesis 9:6

This law was given to mankind before the Jews were gathered at the foot of Mt. Sinai.

How people interact with each other is judged by God more severely than how people interact with God.

The sin of the golden calf... that was very much a sin against God. And for this, God had 3,000 people (out of a nation of approx 2 million) put to death.

The sin of Sodom and Gomorrah.... not "sodomy" like you might think... but severe inhospitability. A person could be harassed or tortured, or possibly even killed if they were suspected of showing kindness to a stranger or anyone in need. Very much a sin against man.... and their whole nations were wiped out completely.

When the Jews are commanded to carry out the death penalty for various offenses, especially murder, they are told to destroy the evil in their midst.

Indeed.

I believe a person forfeits his right to live when he commits murder. And if this sort of judgment were to be left to God alone, He would not have commanded it. He would not have said:

Whomever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed.

eliehass

I'm unsure of what this poll is asking. Conceptually, I'm for a religious death penalty, where a religion can sentence you to death for what you have done (i.e. if you are a jew and you kill, the Bible says the punishment is death (although technically the courts would often not kill anyway because the court requirements for a death sentence are so high they are almost never met and the guilty was usually sentenced to imprisonment)) but as far as State death penalties are concerned I am against. I don't believe the state has any right to kill, because the only power that has the right to demand a life is the power that has the ability to create it from nothing.

Cypress

Dragon Mom
You left out Pantheist.
Yes, I left out the whole "Theological Concepts" section.
But even if I had included Theism, Non-Theism, Monism, Deism - I have have no idea what Pantheism is :shrug: so it would not be there in any case since it is not part of the "theological Concepts" section.

Twig pentagram

High Priest
Yes, I left out the whole "Theological Concepts" section.
But even if I had included Theism, Non-Theism, Monism, Deism - I have have no idea what Pantheism is :shrug: so it would not be there in any case since it is not part of the "theological Concepts" section.
Research.

Cypress

Dragon Mom
Vote!
I earnestly want to know if there's a difference between traditions & between men/women in the same tradition.

Poisonshady313

Vote!
I earnestly want to know if there's a difference between traditions & between men/women in the same tradition.

In my experience in death penalty threads in this forum, this forum is overwhelming against.... I'm not sure how meaningful your results are going to be.

Those who support the death penalty in this forum is like the actual use of the death penalty itself: few and far between.