• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

religious labels

EverChanging

I've changed my religious description and title at least two or three times and probably come across as wishy washy at this point to many in the forum, but I just have a very hard time labeling my spiritual path, which isn't necessarily bad, I suppose.

Do any other UUs here have that problem?

xkatz

I am not UU but I recently have had that problem too. It gets annoying when you feel wish-washy TBH.

BTW, do people tend to change their views about god and other things when they become UU?

EverChanging

BTW, do people tend to change their views about god and other things when they become UU?

I would say many UUs are deep thinkers, and deep thinkers tend to change their views over time, at least about some things. Many UUs change their beliefs about God and religion before becoming UU, and this is what draws them to the religion because it is so open. Unlike many religious denominations, UUs are free to change their beliefs, even drastically, without having to leave their religion, so having a change of beliefs might be more common among UUs.

I don't change my religious status here so much because my intellectual or spiritual beliefs have changed much. I just find labels inadequate.

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
You could just be a UU and forget it :D Leave the particulars to the posts. Know what I'm saying?