• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

respectful question

J Bryson

To me, it means having a path to follow that allows for enormous diversity within seven very basic and constructive guidelines (The Seven Principles). It means that I belong to a community of seekers and questers, of intellectuals and mystics, of humanists and deeply religious types, all of whom are committed to the idea that we should attempt to get along with each other respectfully...though not without extensive debate and discussion. It means that I am with a group of people who truly believe the line "There is more that joins us than separates us." It means that I am part of a religious movement that will act as a counterbalance to the sanctimony and moralism of the religious right.

It also means that I don't get to sleep in on Sunday anymore, but sacrifices must be made.