• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RF Every day sexism

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
When I was pregnant, and it was discovered that I was having a boy, family members rejoiced loudly, hugged each other, and hugged me as if I was giving them the best gift ever.

When I was pregnant with my daughter, family members looked at my husband and said, "Uh oh, be careful. You'll have TWO hormonal people you'll have to deal with."

As if testosterone isn't a hormone. :facepalm:

Bu... but testosterone doesn't make you overemotional! :p

(Well, apart from desperately horny, that is...)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

To be fair, if the results were that they preferred girls, would it really be any better?

Nope. Sexism is sexism. But back in the days that I might have wanted children, I know I would have wanted a girl, if I had wanted a kid at all.

I've always thought the reason for that was my being raised in an all boys family, and my sense, growing up, that I was missing something by not having a sister.

Wirey

Fartist
Nope. Sexism is sexism. But back in the days that I might have wanted children, I know I would have wanted a girl, if I had wanted a kid at all.

I've always thought the reason for that was my being raised in an all boys family, and my sense, growing up, that I was missing something by not having a sister.

You were. They're Nature's Punching Bags. Until they gang up on an unsuspecting brother while he's watching Bugs Bunny.

Titanic

I thought I would make a thread about every day sexism so we could share our stories when they happen, or past stories.
As someone who has often felt ashamed by harassment, so much so that I couldn't even talk about it, I thought this would be important for some people in the forum to get things off their chest.

So Friday evening (of this week) I was walking home after doing a bit of food shopping and a car drove past with a guy sticking half of his body out the window shouting "sexy, hey sexy!" at me, I a trying to ignore him and he said "come on give us a wave!" Like I am actually going to stand there like an idiot and wave at him.

I have never been sexual harassed before... Kind of a shame ti admit that...

FranklinMichaelV.3

Went to a strip club Saturday, threw some dollar bills on to the stage...then I felt bad.

I was fine putting the money on the G-strings and in the bras...but throwing money at someone...that's my moral horizon.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I thought I would make a thread about every day sexism so we could share our stories when they happen, or past stories.
As someone who has often felt ashamed by harassment, so much so that I couldn't even talk about it, I thought this would be important for some people in the forum to get things off their chest.

So Friday evening (of this week) I was walking home after doing a bit of food shopping and a car drove past with a guy sticking half of his body out the window shouting "sexy, hey sexy!" at me, I a trying to ignore him and he said "come on give us a wave!" Like I am actually going to stand there like an idiot and wave at him.

They called you sexy? Did you call the police? they are obviously degenerates.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Some time ago, I looked at a woman I didnt know and told her she had beautiful eyes, because she really had beautiful eyes. She smiled and thanked.

Is that allegedly different than telling her she is sexy or is that equally depraved? Just curious.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
They called you sexy? Did you call the police? they are obviously degenerates.

Your amazing ability to put yourself in another person's shoes -- to say nothing of any actual compassion for others -- is thoroughly not in evidence here.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Some time ago, I looked at a woman I didnt know and told her she had beautiful eyes, because she really had beautiful eyes. She smiled and thanked.

Is that allegedly different than telling her she is sexy or is that equally depraved? Just curious.

Equally depraved: that's a crime against humanity.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Your amazing ability to put yourself in another person's shoes -- to say nothing of any actual compassion for others -- is thoroughly not in evidence here.

I am walking down the streets some men call me sexy (I am hetero, I feel kind of uncomfortable) and tell me to wave at them.

So... I feel kind of uncomfortable and know some people I dont find sexy find me sexy.

They are monsters. Monsters I tell you. How could they do this to me? They obviously hate me and dont respect me, because they found me sexy and told me so.

There is no other possible way to interpret that.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I am walking down the streets some men call me sexy (I am hetero, I feel kind of uncomfortable) and tell me to wave at them.

So... I feel kind of uncomfortable and know some people I dont find sexy find me sexy.

They are monsters. Monsters I tell you. How could they do this to me? They obviously hate me and dont respect me, because they found me sexy and told me so.

There is no other possible way to interpret that.

It's all about you, isn't it? If it doesn't offend you, then nobody has a right to be offended by it. Because you're such a perfect example of what all of us should admire and try to become.

The egotism is as thick as ****.

Titanic

Women are temperamental whenever they assert their rights "like men", don't you think?

I just think Horrorable Is way too temperamental, You should of seen the way she was acting on another thread. I am telling you the truth Sunstone.