• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RF Every day sexism

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I just think Horrorable Is way too temperamental, You should of seen the way she was acting on another thread. I am telling you the truth Sunstone.

And I'm saying that women who behave no more assertively than many men are often accused of being "temperamental", or other such things, when the men are not accused of such. I am telling you the truth, Titanic.

Me Myself

Back to my username
It's all about you, isn't it? If it doesn't offend you, then nobody has a right to be offended by it. Because you're such a perfect example of what all of us should admire and try to become.

The egotism is as thick as ****.

We all have virtues and defects.

Thinking that someone does not respect you simply because they told you you are sexy is, to the very least, extremely inaccurate.

Of course she has the right to feel offended. I would feel offended if a straner told me they like my shirt or my drawings or the way I walk or the sound of my voice or if a stranger told me I look smart.

All of this things are so offensive, I tke offense on them because I have the right to take offense on them. And they are offensive. What kind of horrible horrible person would compliment a stranger? That's just wrong.

Me Myself

Back to my username
And I'm saying that women who behave no more assertively than many men are often accused of being "temperamental", or other such things, when the men are not accused of such. I am telling you the truth, Titanic.

Sometimes this is truth. Many tims probably. Then again, when someone says she feels offended by strangers saying she is sexy, I dont think sexism has anything to do with it.

Anyone can feel offended about anything. No one is saying she doesnt have the right to take offense for whatever she chooses to take offense.

That doesnt mean it actually becomes sexism to think someone is sexy and tell them.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
We all have virtues and defects.

Thinking that someone does not respect you simply because they told you you are sexy is, to the very least, extremely inaccurate.

Of course she has the right to feel offended. I would feel offended if a straner told me they like my shirt or my drawings or the way I walk or the sound of my voice or if a stranger told me I look smart.

All of this things are so offensive, I tke offense on them because I have the right to take offense on them. And they are offensive. What kind of horrible horrible person would compliment a stranger? That's just wrong.

Your attitude speaks more about you, than it speaks about Horrorble, the situation she found herself in, and the many similar situations that women find themselves in every day on this planet.

Titanic

Yes I understand that.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Some time ago, I looked at a woman I didnt know and told her she had beautiful eyes, because she really had beautiful eyes. She smiled and thanked.

Is that allegedly different than telling her she is sexy or is that equally depraved? Just curious.

No not to me.(depraved).I would not be offended or feel harassed by that.I wouldn't get the feeling you were viewing me as a piece of sex meat that you would like to get off on using my 3 holes.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Your attitude speaks more about you, than it speaks about Horrorble, the situation she found herself in, and the many similar situations that women find themselves in every day on this planet.

Which attitude? people have the right to speak their minds. The specific comments put on the post werent hurtful in themselves, but quite the contrary.

If someone tells me "you have beautiful eyes look at me with them" I dont care who s/he is, it is obviously not something to take offense on. I might feel uncomfortable but it is not an offense. Why is "you are sexy" any different?

She can feel uncomfortable about whatever she wants. It's just a stretch to assume a compliment is sexism.

The examples where women are seen in bad light for sexually complimenting man even a stranger are generally result of **** shaming and nothing else. It is not wrong, it is progressive. Expecting all genders to be shy about it is completely unnecssary and selecting the ones that should be able to do it and the ones who shouldnt, then THAT would be sexist.

Me Myself

Back to my username
No not to me.(depraved).I would not be offended or feel harassed by that.I wouldn't get the feeling you were viewing me as a piece of sex meat that you would like to get off on using my 3 holes.

I dont have sex with meat. Only with people.

(I don't even eat meat! :eek: )

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I never compliment women on their appearance (outside of family) except for one occasion.
About 10 years ago, I told a commercial tenant that she had comfortable looking shoes.
She appreciated that, & agreed that women too often sacrificed tootsie comfort for style.
Yeah, I'm a boor.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
So Friday evening (of this week) I was walking home after doing a bit of food shopping and a car drove past with a guy sticking half of his body out the window shouting "sexy, hey sexy!" at me, I a trying to ignore him and he said "come on give us a wave!" Like I am actually going to stand there like an idiot and wave at him.

For the record, if a car full of female strangers drove past me with one of them leaning out of a window to yell, "Sexy, hey sexy!" -- or to yell much of anything else except for the public spirited, "Take care! Your mustache is on fire!" -- I would not be inclined to take their behavior as a compliment. Being a strapping big man, I might not find myself intimidated, but I sure as hell would think them idiots.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I have never been sexual harassed before... Kind of a shame ti admit that...

"I gotta get me some of that sweet, dainty little twink." *walks up from behind and roughly gropes your butt*

Feel better now? But seriously, I don't think you would actually enjoy that, would you? Don't be pretentious or make light of a serious subject.

Last edited:

Me Myself

Back to my username
For the record, if a car full of female strangers drove past me with one of them leaning out of a window to yell, "Sexy, hey sexy!" -- or to yell much of anything else except for the public spirited, "Take care! Your mustache is on fire!" -- I would not be inclined to take their behavior as a compliment. Being a strapping big man, I might not find myself intimidated, but I sure as hell would think them idiots.

would you think its seexism?

Do you think judging their general mental competence by one singular experience you've ever had with them in a way that is negative is less grave than them deciding you sexy and telling you about it?

Not that I think any of those is terribly grave. I just find judging people with such insuficient information to be easily unreliable and inaccurate.

Titanic

"I gotta get me some of that sweet, dainty little twink." *walks up from behind and roughly gropes your butt*

Feel better now? But seriously, don't be pretentious nor be dismissive of a serious subject.

I do feel better. Horrorable has problems with me...

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Why is "you are sexy" any different?

Oh, gee whiz, I don't know. Could it be the situation Horrorble described in the OP is at all, even just a wee bit, different from idly telling a stranger, "You are sexy"?

Golly, that's such a tough question! I'm having so much difficulty trying to get my head wrapped around any differences there might be between what you've been describing and the situation she found herself in. Gee, I must be stupid.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I just find judging people with such insuficient information to be easily unreliable and inaccurate.

You're absolutely right. I have no grounds to merely assume they would be idiots, for it's quite possible they would be drunken idiots.