• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RF Every day sexism

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I think it's a great idea to provide a thread where we can list our acts of sexism every day.

I've had a bit of a slow day in regards to my sexism, but I have managed to pinch 3 butts, make 2 lewd remarks to women I don't know, and managed to get a female subordinate fired who wouldn't perform oral sex on me. Certainly, not my best performance, but I haven't been completely idle either.

Me Myself

Back to my username
You're absolutely right. I have no grounds to merely assume they would be idiots, for it's quite possible they would be drunken idiots.

Golly, that's such a tough question! I'm having so much difficulty trying to get my head wrapped around any differences there might be between what you've been describing and the situation she found herself in. Gee, I must be stupid.

Is it a general tendency for you to assume that whoever is not "right" must be an "idiot" or "stupid" ?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Is it a general tendency for you to assume that whoever is not "right" must be an "idiot" or "stupid" ?

I've been on this forum nine years and have made over 40,000 posts. I have absolute confidence that you yourself have not only read some of those posts, but that you have even managed to comprehend a few of them. If you still think -- knowing what you must know of me -- that your question is an honest one, then there's nothing I am likely to say that will dislodge your faith in your own honesty.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
For the record, if a car full of female strangers drove past me with one of them leaning out of a window to yell, "Sexy, hey sexy!" -- or to yell much of anything else except for the public spirited, "Take care! Your mustache is on fire!" -- I would not be inclined to take their behavior as a compliment. Being a strapping big man, I might not find myself intimidated, but I sure as hell would think them idiots.

I agree. Things that could constitute compliments on "sexiness" or "hotness" coming from friends are often unwelcome advances when they come from complete strangers. It's verbal harassment, not a compliment.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
She hates me cause I am a man bro.

If anyone hates you, Titanic, I would think them to be mistaken about you. You're a basically decent person, so far as my impression goes. But I think you must be wrong about Horrorble hating people simply because they are men. If that were true, she would hate all or most all men. And I don't believe she does.

My apologies for talking about you in the third person, Horrorble. I couldn't find a way around it in these peculiar circumstances.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I've been on this forum nine years and have made over 40,000 posts. I have absolute confidence that you yourself have not only read some of those posts, but that you have even managed to comprehend a few of them. If you still think -- knowing what you must know of me -- that your question is an honest one, then there's nothing I am likely to say that will dislodge your faith in your own honesty.

It's a question for your reflexion. You havent stroke me in general as someone who would do that, but you seem quite agitated lately towards me, whether because of big disagreements on several topics or whatever and from what I see, I feel the responses are getting more personal than honest assesments of the thoughts.

Imay very well be wrong, but it is what I have felt so far lately.

I understand some patterns and common aguments, but no, I dont understand the sentiment in general. I just see some patterns that keep appearing and puzzle me. You have clearly been in the forum for long, but honestly, unless you had a little "you are right" machine to grade you on when you were right and when you were not when you said "I think he does understand but doesnt want to admit it", I dont think being here long necessarily makes you infalible to ases that.

I do say in honesty it is discouraging for me to percieve this because I find your questions and topics interesting, but what happens happens.

I just didnt find the attitude (and I do think the word attitude would fit hthere) on those two posts to be a constructive one.

Then again, maybe you were goofying around and I took it more seriously than it was.

I myself am doing other things as I post and check. Goofing and all, I am interested in the subject and try to post things that would help understand my point and try to understand the other points as I read their posts.