• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RF Every day sexism

Wherenextcolumbus

O.K here is an example happened more than once. When I was in the PC industry I would answer some tech support calls men would ask me "isn't there a man there I can ask my question "...or just simply "I want to talk to a man...Another ocassion I decided to join the all men but me sales team at lunch ..my boss (male ) told me no matter how bad you want it you will never be one of the boys".That mild...The hanging out the car widow thing ??Yep many times..hey sexy come sit on my face..I've just been walking to my mailbox and 5 or six guys working on the neighbors roof ..its like hammering completely stops and all eyes are upon me ..whistling yowling etc...one guy I worked with had this sound machine on his desk ..and frequently (if he wasn't busy working earning his money in PEACE at the moment) when I got up from my desk to take an order to the shipping dept or to go to the bathroom whatever..he pushed his sound machine and this classic stripper jingle would sound out as I walked.Thats the tip of the ice burg.

Yeah but as a man who has experienced a lot of sexism as a man, let me correct you, there is nothing wrong with complimenting people, the stripper jingle? Babe it's just because they thought you were sexy like a stripper.
Really there is a word for this, damn what is it again? Ob ob obet no no object thats it- objectification. Hold up let me put quotes around that "objectification" not sexism.
Now did you learn something today? Hmmm I think you did.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Yeah but as a man who has experienced a lot of sexism as a man, let me correct you, there is nothing wrong with complimenting people, the stripper jingle? Babe it's just because they thought you were sexy like a stripper.
Really there is a word for this, damn what is it again? Ob ob obet no no object thats it- objectification. Hold up let me put quotes around that "objectification" not sexism.
Now did you learn something today? Hmmm I think you did.

Thank you so much for educating my stupid ***.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Anytime you need me as a man to define your experiences for you, just call my name and I'll be there.
In fact, you won't even have to call my name because I'll be lurking, watching, waiting for someone to post a thread on sexism to come and tell you what's what.

Thank you SOOO much ..I would be hopelessly lost but not for you coming to my aide to tell me what happened to me.:help:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I am walking down the streets some men call me sexy (I am hetero, I feel kind of uncomfortable) and tell me to wave at them.

So... I feel kind of uncomfortable and know some people I dont find sexy find me sexy.

They are monsters. Monsters I tell you. How could they do this to me? They obviously hate me and dont respect me, because they found me sexy and told me so.

There is no other possible way to interpret that.

Sure there is. I'm a woman and I didn't necessarily interpret the situation the same, based upon what she shared, but, I wasn't there, therefore, I have to accept a possible different interpretation of the scenario.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but, in the context of this thread, I can't claim the type of arrogance to tell someone else that what they experienced wasn't a form of sexism, when they lived it and I didn't.

FranklinMichaelV.3

I honestly admire you for your intelligent awareness of the nuances there.

I think what made me stop was when looking at after the money was thrown how this one girl was just there gathering together crumbled up ones. At the very least to have the decency to idk just hand it to them then throw it at them.

Not to mention it was odd because being at that place, seeing some of the guys it did feel that even though they were willing these women were being taken advantage of. I'm not sure I would feel the same at a male strip club.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Sure there is. I'm a woman and I didn't necessarily interpret the situation the same, based upon what she shared, but, I wasn't there, therefore, I have to accept a possible different interpretation of the scenario.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but, in the context of this thread, I can't claim the type of arrogance to tell someone else that what they experienced wasn't a form of sexism, when they lived it and I didn't.

Sure, it is possible sexism was in order, but for what she said, I see no reason to believe it was sexism.

What is clear is that she didnt like it. That we can say with little ambiguity. This of course doesnt mean it is sexism.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I think what made me stop was when looking at after the money was thrown how this one girl was just there gathering together crumbled up ones. At the very least to have the decency to idk just hand it to them then throw it at them.

Not to mention it was odd because being at that place, seeing some of the guys it did feel that even though they were willing these women were being taken advantage of. I'm not sure I would feel the same at a male strip club.

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

If I was working the counter at a laundry and someone threw their money at me, rather than handed it to me, I'd probably think they lacked respect.

Not to mention it was odd because being at that place, seeing some of the guys it did feel that even though they were willing these women were being taken advantage of.

Not just stripping, but the sex industry in general is made unnecessarily seedy, in my opinion.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
If I was working the counter at a laundry and someone threw their money at me, rather than handed it to me, I'd probably think they lacked respect.

Well that would be your problem..a LOT of people would LIKE THAT! So get over your self!If you dont like it? QUIT!Somebody else LIKES IT!

Alceste

Vagabond
Sorry to skip 11 pages of sexism, but I thought I'd jump in and talk about this *** hat I met camping. He was drunk and raving about how women are all this or that (can't remember, really - money grubbing, shallow whores I think). Then he said he'd stick his dick into basically any hole and never had any trouble meeting women, but he's done with relationships because women are evil. Then he called me useless (because I am a musician) and the other woman in the hot tub a promiscuous *****, god knows why - just out of the blue. The only other people there were the two of us women and my brother. So he didn't make himself any friends.

He was by a huge margin the most horrible person I've met in a really long time. My brother had to fend him off from a passed out drunk girl - he was pretending to be chivalrous and trying to carry her back to her camp site. My bro slept there all night to make sure he didn't come back for her.

Aquitaine

Sorry to skip 11 pages of sexism, but I thought I'd jump in and talk about this *** hat I met camping. He was drunk and raving about how women are all this or that (can't remember, really - money grubbing, shallow whores I think). Then he said he'd stick his dick into basically any hole and never had any trouble meeting women, but he's done with relationships because women are evil. Then he called me useless (because I am a musician) and the other woman in the hot tub a promiscuous *****, god knows why - just out of the blue. The only other people there were the two of us women and my brother. So he didn't make himself any friends.

He was by a huge margin the most horrible person I've met in a really long time. My brother had to fend him off from a passed out drunk girl - he was pretending to be chivalrous and trying to carry her back to her camp site. My bro slept there all night to make sure he didn't come back for her.

I've always hated that:

"She's drunk, I'll take her home - to make sure she uh, is safe!" Yeah right, don't think so. :rolleyes:

I've had that happen before with drunk female friends when we've been to nightclubs etc, there's always some considerably less drunk or sober stranger who knows what he's playing at by trying to take advantage of a drunk friend: because he's being a "gentleman" of course...... riiiiight.

F*** off, just go home and wank.

Alceste

Vagabond

I've always hated that:

"She's drunk, I'll take her home - to make sure she uh, is safe!" Yeah right, don't think so. :rolleyes:

I've had that happen before with drunk female friends when we've been to nightclubs etc, there's always some considerably less drunk or sober stranger who knows what he's playing at by trying to take advantage of a drunk friend: because he's being a "gentleman" of course...... riiiiight.

F*** off, just go home and wank.

Yeah - every Tom Dick and Harry wants to "look after" a drunk girl. I was worried about her from the start of the night - that guy was stuck to her like a magnet and he was ... Geesh. I don't think there are words to describe it. Just a total human mess. To be honest, I doubt my brother's intentions were entirely chivalrous either, but he's an honorable guy. Probably the right man for the job of looking after a passed out drunk girl - he likes his women conscious.

Wherenextcolumbus

Yeah - every Tom Dick and Harry wants to "look after" a drunk girl. I was worried about her from the start of the night - that guy was stuck to her like a magnet and he was ... Geesh. I don't think there are words to describe it. Just a total human mess. To be honest, I doubt my brother's intentions were entirely chivalrous either, but he's an honorable guy. Probably the right man for the job of looking after a passed out drunk girl - he likes his women conscious.

Are you trying to tell me that rap and sexual assault is not all that rare as people think?
I'm sorry but this needs to be balanced out so the men in this forum can feel better, women rape too ok? women rape too

ryobi

I was at the beach wearing a wetsuit when I walked by a group of college aged girls when one of them looked me up and down and said, "Ooh he looks like superman in that wetsuit," and they all laughed. I just shrugged. It didn't bother me.

Alceste

Vagabond
Are you trying to tell me that rap and sexual assault is not all that rare as people think?
I'm sorry but this needs to be balanced out so the men in this forum can feel better, women rape too ok? women rape too
Rap was actually super common that weekend jamming around the camp fire. The drunk girl could freestyle and my bro knew all the words to the Humpty dance.

Rakhel

to the best of my recollection, I have been sexually harassed twice in my life time. Not to say it hasn't happened more but that those are the only two times I can remember.

The first was when I was talking to a girl friend that lived a door or two down from me. We were maybe 13 at the time. Her dad came out and started talking about hair color. Then he said something to the effect of, "the only way to truly tell what color a girl's hair is is to check the down stairs." I liked the girl but was genuinely freaked out by her dad.
The other time that I remember, I was about 15, give or take, at the after school program I regularly attended. I was at the computers when I felt a hand on my boob. I was so shocked that I shoved his hand off, stood up and told him to never touch me again. I never told anyone about that.

I just remembered a third time.
Around the same time span(my teen years) I was walking down the street going home from school, when a car pulled up, with a bunch of guys, and asked me if I wanted to go to a party. I knew enough to say no. they persisted until I walked into a business.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I have also been harrassed by horny desperate drunk dudes, probably why I dont hit the clubs and pubs on the weekend anymore.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
to the best of my recollection, i have been sexually harassed twice in my life time. Not to say it hasn't happened more but that those are the only two times i can remember.

The first was when i was talking to a girl friend that lived a door or two down from me. We were maybe 13 at the time. Her dad came out and started talking about hair color. Then he said something to the effect of, "the only way to truly tell what color a girl's hair is is to check the down stairs." i liked the girl but was genuinely freaked out by her dad.
The other time that i remember, i was about 15, give or take, at the after school program i regularly attended. I was at the computers when i felt a hand on my boob. I was so shocked that i shoved his hand off, stood up and told him to never touch me again. I never told anyone about that.

I just remembered a third time.
Around the same time span(my teen years) i was walking down the street going home from school, when a car pulled up, with a bunch of guys, and asked me if i wanted to go to a party. I knew enough to say no. They persisted until i walked into a business.

(((hugs))))