• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

right to life

rabbit58

As a christian i have watched with great sorrow those persons who kill doctors and nurses and justify this behavior by saying they are saving the lives of the unborn. This is an example of the kind of religious fundamentalism that promotes war, ethnic cleansing and other violence.

Most of the major religions of the world believe tha the soul is eternal, and cannot be destroyed by human hands. So, I do not feel that abortion kills anything but a piece of flesh.

Jewish belief is that there is no life until a child breaths its first breath i.e. "and God breathed into Adam the breath of life, and he became a living soul.

However, all that aside, my biggest problem with the right to life movement is the hypocracy of loving the unborn, while those that are already living are considered worthless. I spent 7 years of my life working in Child Welfare. During that time, I never saw one right to life person come to the shelter to rock or comfort a child that had been abused by an unloving parent, who didn't want the child in the first place. If one is going to prevent an abortion, then they should commit to help raise that child.