• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP to my dog, Thrace!

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
RIP, Thrace, my beautiful brindle baby. I know you're with my mom on the other side. I've spent yesterday as a bit of an Irish wake (if you know what I mean) remembering my dog and others I've loved who have died. I had to let her go early Monday morning, (July 29th), around 5 am. She went quickly in my arms. I held her, kissed her and talked to her throughout everything. I stayed with her body for a bit. I just wanted to see her off properly. I didn't even get that chance with my mother when she died, but all loved ones deserve that. She went surrounded by as much love as I could muster.

I know I made the right decision as she was showing all the signs of a late stage brain tumor. I got her from the pound (for $18!) 7 years ago, and she was about a couple of years old then. So she was about 9 or 10. We spent 7 years together and she was the dog I've had the longest who was my own. (I had a golden retriever for 2 years before he was stolen from me.)

Thrace loved people. She obviously didn't have a great life beforehand, but she was very social and loved to check out everyone and everything. She wanted to know everyone. She was a beautiful, athletic pittie who loved to run around, belly rubs and kissing your face and head. She did her best to be a lapdog, although she didn't really fit.

I could go on and on about this sweet doggo but I just love her and always will. It's too quiet here now and I've no one to urge me outside now. That's the worst part of grief - the noticable lack of presence. It commands tremendous adjustment. My cat, Penny, knows something is wrong and seems a bit bewildered. She knows something is wrong and Thrace isn't coming back. She's being extremely affectionate. Mom used to call her Nurse Penny for a reason. She obviously misses having someone to play with (i.e. bully) besides me.

RIP and sleep well, Thrace. Wait for me. ❤️

20230901_192551_copy_1056x792.jpg

20230901_192624_copy_1056x792.jpg

20230901_192701_copy_1056x792.jpg
20230901_192627_copy_1056x792.jpg
20231212_114136_copy_1632x1224.jpg
20230509_172204_copy_1632x1224.jpg
20230509_172123_copy_2040x1530.jpg
20230509_172146_copy_1632x1224.jpg
20210814_010651_copy_1843x1382.jpg
20231113_154844_copy_567x440.jpg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
RIP, Thrace, my beautiful brindle baby. I know you're with my mom on the other side. I've spent this day as a bit of an Irish wake (if you know what I mean) remembering my dog and others I've loved who have died. She went quickly in my arms. I held her, kissed her and talked to her throughout everything. I stayed with her body for a bit. I just wanted to see her off properly. I didn't even get that chance with my mother when she died, but all loved ones deserve that. She went surrounded by as much love as I could muster.

I know I made the right decision as she was showing all the signs of a late stage brain tumor. I got her from the pound (for $18!) 7 years ago, and she was about a couple of years old then. So she was about 9 or 10. We spent 7 years together and she was the dog I've had the longest who was my own. (I had a golden retriever for 2 years before he was stolen from me.)

Thrace loved people. She obviously didn't have a great life beforehand, but she was very social and loved to check out everyone and everything. She wanted to know everyone. She was a beautiful, athletic pittie who loved to run around, belly rubs and kissing your face and head. She did her best to be a lapdog, although she didn't really fit.

I could go on and on about this sweet doggo but I just love her and always will. It's too quiet here now and I've no one to urge me outside now. That's the worst part of grief - the noticable lack of presence. It commands tremendous adjustment. My cat, Penny, knows something is wrong and seems a bit bewildered. She knows something is wrong and Thrace isn't coming back. She's being extremely affectionate. Mom used to call her Nurse Penny for a reason. She obviously misses having someone to play with (i.e. bully) besides me.

View attachment 94946
View attachment 94947
View attachment 94948View attachment 94949View attachment 94951View attachment 94943View attachment 94942View attachment 94944View attachment 94945View attachment 94950
Much sympathy for your loss Frank. _/\_

ChieftheCef

RIP, Thrace, my beautiful brindle baby. I know you're with my mom on the other side. I've spent yesterday as a bit of an Irish wake (if you know what I mean) remembering my dog and others I've loved who have died. I had to let her go early Monday morning, (July 29th), around 5 am. She went quickly in my arms. I held her, kissed her and talked to her throughout everything. I stayed with her body for a bit. I just wanted to see her off properly. I didn't even get that chance with my mother when she died, but all loved ones deserve that. She went surrounded by as much love as I could muster.

View attachment 94946
View attachment 94947
View attachment 94948View attachment 94949View attachment 94951View attachment 94943View attachment 94942View attachment 94944View attachment 94945View attachment 94950
Thrace lives forever! I was this shaman.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
She sounds like she was a wonderful sweet companion to you. I'm so sorry for your loss. Pets are the hardest to lose, because it's just all about love with them. My heart goes out to you.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member

View attachment 94946
View attachment 94947
losing pet is hurt sometimes same as losing friend or relative.
I experience that feelings,with lost dog and cat.

Tomef

View attachment 94946
View attachment 94947
Aww man. So sorry. Beautiful dog!