• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Road to Guantanamo

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Road to Guantanamo

This is an interview with the three men involved, conducted at the Sarajevo Film Festival in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

I think it's really worthwhile to watch!

Copy the link and paste it into your Windows Media Player "Open URL" function if clicking it doesn't work. :)

mms://media.team.ba/sff/kafa-sa-guantanamo.wmv

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
I'll comment a little.

I really appreciate that she asked them about the 6 Bosnians, who were proven innocent in a court of law, but are still being held in Guantanamo. Bosnian media is often... indebted, like the rest of the country, to the United States and is too afraid to ask such questions.

So it was nice to see.

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
It reminds me on the phrase:

"Those who would give up essential liberties in pursuit of temporary security will find neither. Those who would take others essential liberties in pursuit of their own temporary security deserve neither."

kai

ragamuffin
in a democracy you can be found with a gun in your hand and the authorities still have to prove it if you claim you didnt. i have no doubt that lots of people will come out of gauntanamo because of lack of evidence, only the ones that confess their intentions will be convicted the rest were all on a pilgrimage or visiting relatives. the road to guantanamo is through pakistan to the Taliban